*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/990397-ebabygirl-ssshhh-secret-language
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2198921
Norma's Wanderings around a small section of Montana
#990397 added August 11, 2020 at 9:51am
Restrictions: None
{e:babygirl} ssshhh secret language
Today was so nice. It was hard to believe it was August! The temperature never got much above 85 degrees here. And now as the sun sets, the temperature will drop. This is why we don't see the need to use air conditioning. Why install something that will cost us a fortune to run, block out the fresh air when you only need it a few weeks out of the year?

I really feel that we are losing our ties to the natural world. We want to be cold *Snow2* in the summer and hot in the winter. We no longer a willing to adjust to the climate in which we live. Think of the pioneers. And I know I don't want to go backwards with all the problems and hassles, and like central heat and indoor plumbing. Most people don't know where their food comes from. They don't take the time to get outside and take a walk, get into nature by hiking or even fishing *FishG* or bike riding or anything like that. Everyone just wants to sit in their climate controlled car *CarG* to the climate controlled store to the climate controlled work to the climate controlled home and then repeat every day. Oh well, I'm just someone who has always been more comfortable outside than inside. I'm just preaching to the choir, I know.

So this afternoon we had a baby shower for a young woman in church. A few interesting things happened at this shower. We had a few little games. Always fun to have shower games, right? So there is this one woman, and she is a different type. "I can't do any of these. I don't know the answers." So the leader says "Sure you can. Just try." "No, I can't." The leader is an older woman, used to teach school, a saint. "Well, then draw me a picture."
"Draw a picture?" "Yes, you can do that, can't you?" So she does. Then the leader says, "Okay, now sign it for me." "I'm not signing that." For real. Like I said, she is different. God love her.

The lady having the baby *BabyGirl* is young, maybe 19, and she already has a 1 year old. She is due in October. Beautiful young lady. So as she opens each card she comments on the handwriting. "Such beautiful writing...." Then "What does it say?" She cannot read cursive. When did cursive start to be a secret language folks? Perhaps those of us that are skilled in the magic art of handwriting can use it as a secret spy language. She is a single mom and did get a lot of great little baby girl clothes. It was a lot of fun. But I am sure glad I am not raising children in this day and age. Scary times.







© Copyright 2020 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/990397-ebabygirl-ssshhh-secret-language