*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/990545-Music-To-My-Ears
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2198921
Norma's Wanderings around a small section of Montana
#990545 added August 11, 2020 at 6:17pm
Restrictions: None
Music To My Ears
Yesterday we went off to the Big City again, Billings. Hubby has to have a crown, seems he broke a tooth and broke a filling. Drag. But nothing like getting up at the butt-crack of dawn to get to the dentist by 8 AM. That means an early up at 5:30 to be on the road before 7 AM. At least it was cool all day.

We did the usual Costco run, because my husband says he will now always buy toilet paper every time we are near that store. Oh great, I think. I'll be one of the t.p. hoarders. But we did get to go at a time when others are not there. Since we are of the senior age now, we get to go early.

Went here, went there, but the good part was we were done early. And since I hadn't eaten breakfast, I suggested a quick bite at Wendy's. And has anyone else noticed the logo for Wendy's lately? If you look, below her face the ruffles on her dress and then the round emblem in the middle, it is like it spells MOM. Really. Subliminal? I first noticed this some months ago, and of course, once you notice something, that's all you can see. Reminds me of a mural we had up behind the baptistry at church. (The inground pool for baptizing in case you don't know) It was old and needed replaced. Someone said, 'All I see is that rock that looks like a cowboy hat.' *CowboyHat* It was a mural of a river scene. Well I didn't get it, until they pointed it out. And then every time I went into the sanctuary, that is all I saw. A rock like a cowboy hat. *CowboyHat*

I stopped after that at the post office. I needed only 17 stamps. 'Sorry, they only come in sheets of 20.' Since when can't you buy individual stamps? Whatever, I get the twenty. I guess the days are gone when you just walk in and get what you want.

So on the way home, I am bored with hearing just car noise. Hubby claims he can't hear anything. Get a hearing aid, is my usual reply. Falls on deaf ears. (pun intended) So I opt for music. Classical music. As I listen to some selections, and I'll just name a few, I watch outside. I feel like I'm watching a documentary, or I'm in a train. I see trees, sagebrush, rushing by. Then there are some antelope grazing, a nice size herd. Some cattle *Cow* nearby. 'Thus Spake Zarathustra' by R.Strauss - 2001 a Space Odyssey, 'Wm Tell Overture' by Rossini - Hi Ho Silver! *Horse* *Mask2* , 'Morning from Peer Gynt' by Grieg, 'O Sole Mio' as sung by Pavarotti - be still my heart, 'Air' by Bach. What a wonderful way to fill the time as we make the hour's drive home. It reminded me of a time many years ago when hubby and I drove down a large mountain in Tennessee, in a car*Car* with the moon roof open, blaring the 1812 overture. Lovely memory.

Now on to today, I get up early again so I can meet friend and volunteer to fill backpacks *BackpackV* with school supplies. RSVP and Northern Treasures, a volunteer Senior group and a thrift store, every year do this for families in town. They get the supplies with donations, and people can sign up for a free backpack full of what we can provide. We limited the number this year to 50 children. Then on Thursday we'll pass out the packs to the children. A worthy cause I'm glad to be a part of.

After that, I went to a friend's house and shared a letter *NotepadY* I got from my little pen pal. This friend's granddaughter, who she's raising, was a good friend with this little girl. And she really wants to get in touch again, so I went to make sure they have the new address. We chatted for a bit, then back home for lunch.

So now I'm going to work on another non-profit project. I have to figure out the direct mail program on the Post Office website. We are doing a mailing this October and I am in charge. Wish me luck as I wander around the website of EDDM. Every door direct mail. Fun and games. *Headbang*










Queen Norma Jean *Crown*

© Copyright 2020 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/990545-Music-To-My-Ears