*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/990797-Cat-Deer-Hopper-Hula
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2198921
Norma's Wanderings around a small section of Montana
#990797 added August 14, 2020 at 8:12pm
Restrictions: None
Cat, Deer, Hopper Hula
A storm came through last night. It was a great relief to get a little rain. *Rain* Our rain gauge this morning read 3/10 of an inch of rain. 'Big deal' say you in the rain soaked areas that are not the plains of Montana. Those of us in this part of the world in August say 'Thank you Jesus!' *Cross1*

The battle with the grasshoppers *Grasshopper* *Grasshopper* *Grasshopper* is still on. There is a new dance hubby and I invented. The Hopper Hula. You put your foot out, stomp, your other foot out, stomp, twist your hips, stomp, repeat across the yard. Points for every little hopper you squish. The big ones are 10 points, the little ones are 20 points because they are faster and harder to see. Yes, it is pitiful.

A curious sight today from the second floor. Our garden is fenced with 8 feet of metal grating, for deer. The metal is held up with posts equally as high. As I looked out the upstairs window, I spied a yellow tabby cat crawling up one of the posts. What?!? *Cat* The cat got the top, balanced on the post, tried to walk on the metal fence, thought better of it, backed onto the post again, then jumped down to the ground outside the garden. So I got to thinking. 'Hmmm....what is it doing inside the garden? How did it get inside the garden? Who does this cat belong to?' And then later I saw more curious wildlife from my kitchen window. Nibbling on my crabapple tree were two deer, and beside them was the newest little fawn. Still with its spots. In mid-August. Hmmm. My thoughts on that as I shooed them away were that baby isn't going to make it through the winter being born this late in the year. But off they hippity hopped into someone else's yard to eat their trees and shrubs.

I did some volunteering today. The last of our backpack program recipients received their free packs for school today. *BackpackR* School starts here on the 19th. As far as I know, it won't be changed a whole lot. The bus schedule has been modified to allow for more room between students. Now family members have to sit together and everyone else separately. I used to sub as a bus aide. I am thinking, good luck enforcing that.

My grandson and I did a FaceTime *InLove* call last night. It was so good to see him and talk with him. He lives in California with mom, sister and brother. He attended college in Louisiana until the whole flu thing exploded. Now he's back home and working full-time, helping mom take care of expenses as he plans what to do with his life. I feel so sad for this generation that is being robbed of so much - school, jobs. But then, I think of the Vietnam era when I was younger and what that did to our country and all the young people at that time. We never recovered from that. This pickle we're in now will take some doing to set to rights, that's for sure.

Our handyman helper came by today. I think we are finally at a point where the remodeling project can continue. The wood for the baseboards and such has been stained by hubby and now can be installed. Finally! Maybe it can be put in before we go away for a few days this next week. I am so anxious for this to be done. My house looks like a home improvement store. And it is impossible to keep clean. Not that I'm complaining or anything.*Crazy*

Our time at the museum today was uneventful. Skunked again. *ExclaimBl* I told hubby that maybe we erect a forcefield when we go on Fridays. This is the 6th week we've been there without a visitor. Strange.

So tonight I think I will try to buy something to fit into the new closet. An organizer. I think I found one online. Now just to remember where. *Computer*

Never a dull moment! *ConfettiO* *ConfettiG* *ConfettiB*





© Copyright 2020 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/990797-Cat-Deer-Hopper-Hula