*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/990570-4157-59-The-Morning-afternoon-and-evening-after
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1311011
A terminal for all blogs coming in or going out. A view into my life.
#990570 added August 12, 2020 at 10:26pm
Restrictions: None
4157 59 The Morning, afternoon and evening after.
"What IS this?"

"Take it. Drink this. Jaafar will call me when you wake up."

Apparently, Jindal's system couldn't handle last night. He may be a shapeshifter but getting sick is getting sick. Although, the consequences vary...

"He's out."

"Good." Gomo the Kla wasn't overly concerned. "Mo!a!e are better in stasis on trips like these. They really don't travel well. Too hard to keep their chosen form, health and sanity. Jindal took a risk."

"Why?" I wanted to know why.

"Because unlike others of his kind he takes risks." Everyone turned to Quip.

"It's obvious. He took a risk to leave. Took risks to survive. Is taking a risk to return."

"You sound like his number 1 fan."

"Probably am. Better find his distant sister before he faces them all. Sure to be scorned by most."

"How so?"

"Few sapient beings love chaos. His world absolutely hates it. We are proof that exceptions exist. Each and every one of us."

It was a difficult evening. Jaafar, Quip, Gomo and me took turns. 90210 was navigating and assured us that she'd give us fair warning. Jindal was to be delivered safe and sound. Kat hadn't woken up from her kat-nap so we weren't too worried until...

"He's changing forms." Jaafar rushed in followed by me and Quip.

"How can you tell, Gomo?

"He's turning colors, perhaps you can't see. What do your ears suggest?"

"Nothing so far."

"He's changing size too." Quip added. "And his mind is swirling."

"I was afraid of that," Jaafar spoke softly, "go tell 90210, Quip."

When Quip left, Jaafar spoke to me and Gomo. "Jindal has a connection to Quip. Don't know why nor how, but Quip is right. We'll need some medical advice. Gomo?"

"I'm no doctor; but, maintaining his form may be key. One less struggle."

Phylym the psych came through the door. "Heard that. You're right. Everyone hold on to him as I give him this."

By morning ... bleary eyed but hopeful we welcomed Jaafar's news, "He's awake."

And just in time. We were approaching where Jindal needed to get off. We could only wish him well on the rest of his journey.

From:
 Recipe For the Morning After  (18+)
Surprise your taste buds.
#2228349 by 𝔹𝕝𝕦𝕖𝕪𝕖𝕫


...and sounds like it would either cure you or kill you. What do you do if you wake up sick?

IRL? Depends. I live alone so if I feel I may need to see someone I'll tell a neighbor, possibly Travis since Lavinia moved; although if it's before 2 a.m. I might knock on Bri's door. If I'm sick, especially these days, someone needs to know. Otherwise? Water, aspirin, rest. I don't do pain pills or narcotics. Thoom often tells the vamps *Vamp* that 'it will either cure you or kill you' when she makes them take a garlic pill... or any of her concoctions. No one dares to ask whether any have died.

For:
 
FORUM
Space Blog  (ASR)
Cruising WDC cyberspace and raiding ports for blog prompts!
#2223838 by Sharmelle's Expressions

© Copyright 2020 Kåre Enga going to Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga going to Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/990570-4157-59-The-Morning-afternoon-and-evening-after