*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
4
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
16
18
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/990994-The-Amilcar-Experiment
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #2223922
A tentative blog to test the temperature.
#990994 added August 17, 2020 at 6:06am
Restrictions: None
The Amilcar Experiment
The Amilcar Experiment

A week ago, I wrote a little poem for Amilcar the Hermit. There was no particular reason for doing this, apart from the fact that it’s been a long time since Amilcar had his folder updated with something new. Grundle the troll is way ahead on number of items anyway but had a recent updating that only made things more inequitable. Clearly, Amilcar deserved my attention, however briefly.

When it came to putting the new poem into my portfolio, I was presented with something of a dilemma. So far I’d been able to keep all the Amilcar pieces in his folder and I wanted to continue this. The folder is a sub-folder in my short story folder (which was logical since everything I’d written for the hermit had been in short story form). But now I’d spoiled that by this latest offering being a poem. Where was I to put it?

Ultimately, I decided to throw it into Amilcar’s folder, pretending not to notice the anomaly of it being a poem not a story. In a way, it’s a story poem so I reckoned I could get away with it.

And now, a week later, that poem has had precisely two visits. I didn’t advertise its existence, not wanting to appear too forward, but it seems I’ve buried the thing so deep not even Read & Review has been able to find it. Being such a recent creation, it’s still pretty close to my heart and it needs (as does everything we write) readers. Time to advertise, je pense.

So here it is, an amusing little thing but quite bright and cheerful, in common with most of Amilcar’s stuff. Do yourself (and me) a favour and give it a read.

 
STATIC
Amilcar Unleashed  (E)
Amilcar's coming of age.
#2229145 by Beholden



Word Count: 288

© Copyright 2020 Beholden (UN: beholden at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Beholden has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/990994-The-Amilcar-Experiment