*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/991617-Brazilians
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#991617 added August 26, 2020 at 10:06am
Restrictions: None
Brazilians
BCoF Discuss some famous people from Brazil.

signature dancing owl *Thinker*


There are so many important people from Brazil. Brazil gives us actors and actresses, statesman, musicians, film directors and athletes.

One I particularly admired was Princess Isabel who served as a regent while her father was traveling and signed a law abolishing slavery. She lived from 1846 to 1921.

Next I found Paulo Reglus Neves Freire, Who was born in 1941 and lived for 75 years. He had a theory of education and philosophy. He had a special urge to help the poor. He believed teachers should further a students education in a way that would give the ability of freedom of thought and the ability to act independently to achieve educational growth and constructive actions. He developed educational theories and was able to teach illiterate poor workers to read in 45 days. his experiences during the depression of the 30's motivated him to help other poor people after he had gained his own release from poverty.

Quotes by Freire:

Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.

Leaders who do not act dialogically, but insist on imposing their decisions, do not organize the people--they manipulate them. They do not liberate, nor are they liberated: they oppress.

If the structure does not permit dialogue the structure must be changed

Looking at the past must only be a means of understanding more clearly what and who they are so that they can more wisely build the future.

Without a sense of identity, there can be no real struggle…

The oppressors do not favor promoting the community as a whole, but rather selected leaders.

More history of his life story and more of his quotes can be found on the link:

https://quotes.thefamouspeople.com/paulo-freire-4055.php

Tim Maia-Brazilian musician:




Introduced soul to Brazil.

Caetano Belosa: introduced Tropicalia movement a mixture of Brazilian and African harmonies.

Rall Seixas: He is called The Father of Brazilian Rock

Jorge Ben: Sang and wrote Samba, Basso Nova, and funk

Brazilian Musicians often combine different types of sound to make special blends that reach the melting pot populations of Brazil.

I found many different types of famous Brazilians in many types of social movements. It follows the unique type of social environment found in Brazil.

© Copyright 2020 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/991617-Brazilians