*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/992928-Song-For-You-1980-Chicago
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Book · Music · #2231732
A very long serial novel running from 1974 to 1987, plus sequel and prequel.
#992928 added September 9, 2020 at 10:36pm
Restrictions: None
Song For You (1980) Chicago


Song For You (1980) Written by Peter Cetera, Performed by Chicago



"I'm a man that you can count on..."

This is one of Chicago's simplest songs, mainly acoustic guitar and Cetera's voice with a bit of backing. No muss, no fuss, just a quick emotional expression song, not too deep, but real.

Chicago also plays a major role throughout Rehearsal, with a few of their songs having special meaning to the main characters. Their music, in general, is complex and varied, with far more instruments and band members than normal. It's often orchestral with a large sound. It's much like the Rehearsal saga itself: large, varied, with lots of parts, subplots, a ton of characters...

And yet this song is reminiscent of Evan. He's fairly simple and straight-forward. He is what he is. Non-flamboyant. Home-town boy. Business degree. And he's steadfastly loyal, possibly to a fault. Susie often sat and listened to his sitting and playing his acoustic guitar while they were growing up together, and when she catches him doing it still, all these years later, it catches her off-guard and pulls her in, like a reminder of who he is beyond everything else. Her rock and anchor through a sometimes ridiculously stormy sea.


---------
This is entry #7 for
FORUM
Barrel of Monkeys  (E)
An annual interlinked musical blogging challenge! Starts every September 1st.
#1987725 by Jeff

© Copyright 2020 Voxxylady (UN: voxxylady at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Voxxylady has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/992928-Song-For-You-1980-Chicago