*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
15
17
18
19
21
22
23
24
25
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/993708-Weekly-Goals
by Ned
Rated: 13+ · Book · Entertainment · #2199980
Thoughts destined to be washed away by the tides of life.
#993708 added September 19, 2020 at 8:31am
Restrictions: None
Weekly Goals

I discovered something very useful this week. Or rather, I discovered that something I already knew about was very useful. The Weekly Goals.

I'd seen the Weekly Goals every Monday in the Newsfeed, but I didn't really know how it worked. It seemed to me that people were just typing their goals in the comments and then nothing came of it. I finally took a good look, and realized that it's not like that at all. I had no idea that there were GPs involved, for one thing. The rules state that you don't have to accomplish your goals to receive the reward, but I tried not to think of that as a possibility. It's already too easy to fail, without telling myself it's okay to fail.

Anyway, nothing ventured, nothing gained, as they say, so I wrote a little list for myself.


*CheckP* 1. Write a blog post about the utter chaos and complete crazy storm that kept me from doing anything useful today. At least I will get a blog post done.

*CheckP* 2. Write at least one review per day (possibly excluding today - excuses to follow).

*CheckP*3. Write for 24 Syllables contest all 3 days, even if uninspired. That includes the one due tonight. Entries in for Mon, Wed, Friday

*CheckP*4. Write the poem for Promptly Poetry.

*CheckP*5. Write at least one fiction story for entry in at least one contest. Wrote two stories, entered two contests

*CheckP*6. Work on an entry for The Contest Challenge.

*CheckP*7. Write a poem in support of (159) 's new activity. Wrote one each day


I am happy to say that all goals were accomplished. That's why there are the little purple check marks and the comments in purple. In fact, I wrote more and did more than my list required.

I felt that even though I didn't have to finish my list according to the rules of the challenge, I felt inspired to try. It's my list, and so these are my goals and not some tasks set for me by someone else. That made it a challenge to meet my own expectations.

I will definitely do the Weekly Goals again. It helped me focus my time and efforts on things I could accomplish.







© Copyright 2020 Ned (UN: nordicnoir at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ned has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/993708-Weekly-Goals