*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/994016-Being-Creative-and-Each-Moment
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#994016 added September 23, 2020 at 11:51am
Restrictions: None
Being Creative and Each Moment
For "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise

Prompt: When was the last time you were creative?

---

I don’t know. While I just do things like write, cook, sew, etc., I never think I am being creative. If I thought that, I’d jinx myself.

For whatever reason, it is true that I like doing things differently each time. For example, I never follow a recipe as it is written. Even with writing, an outline makes the work easier, but I like meandering much better, which doesn’t mean I don’t do outlines. It means I change routes from them. It is a natural process, but not because I am trying to be “creative” or any such thing.

Being creative means being innovative and fresh. It means being imaginative and acting on it. Creativity demands resources, either stored or learned, as knowledge, insight, and inspiration. It means taking advantage of opportunities and making new connections. Creativity itself can be huge and inspiring, and also, a very scary concept to live up to.

If I thought all that about anything I attempt to do, I’d run for the hills for not living up to the level creativity requires.

So, I just do things for those things themselves. Trying to be creative, therefore, is not in my vocabulary.


*FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV*



For: "Space Blog

Prompt: From Brian KC ’s "A Slower Return "Make the most of each moment...before it's gone".
How do you make the most of each moment?


---

To make the most of each moment, one has to know oneself to the best of his or her ability. We humans always trick ourselves by saying, “I know what I want” or “I am this or that.” This is how we get stuck in a rut, and that rut traps us into not using our time and life well. This may also be because we may have holes in our pasts that weren’t filled and wounds that weren’t healed.

After getting to know the real person inside us, then, we need to cultivate excitement and contentment for life. Making the most of each moment doesn’t necessarily mean filling our time with constant action. It means knowing who we are and feeling gratitude for it and for what the world offers.

With that feeling then, we can begin our true contribution. This way, we may find ourselves to be effective in making the most of every moment of our days.

© Copyright 2020 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/994016-Being-Creative-and-Each-Moment