*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/995181-Dear-Doctor-Brain
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1311011
A terminal for all blogs coming in or going out. A view into my life.
#995181 added October 6, 2020 at 8:29pm
Restrictions: None
Dear Doctor Brain
"Invalid Item by queenkissy for "Space Blog

"One of our most basic human needs is to connect." After today, I agree! What do you think?

Well, to connect in a forum there have to be members. Since this is focused on prayer and since WdC has many members who say that prayer is important to them... this should work; but without members commenting it can't provide connections. I've seen other almost-empty forums and even bloggers here do not seem to really want to interact. It's why I don't start a poetry forum. A lot of work. So, my advice... promote on various WDC pages... often, as once does not work.

Personally, I approach prayer differently so this is not for me. But it could be for you and many others.


A somewhat different type of connection for Journalistic Intentions. A flash fiction letter! "What's for dinner, Doc? [241] (298words)

*Drbag* Dr. Brain
*Stop* Solid Waste Rd.
*Flagr* Ricefields, Louisana

Dear Doc,

I sincerely hope your crawfish are growing well this year. I prayed at the shrine of Saint Tanisha that they would be as good as the ones we ate as children. Remember how she would make me share with you! Now I'm glad I did.

At home, the frozen lakes saved their fish for others this past winter, but the wild rice is growing high now. After harvest you should come visit. Bring a parka. Saskatchewanians aren't quite as warm as the people of the bayou. We pond-people plan to change that. Big gathering this weekend to celebrate 10 years of exile. They're doing well.

I prayed that my nose would heal before I saw you. Seems like it's always stuck in a book between pages. An ingrown hair almost did me in. I'd bring you the evidence but the clinic wanted to keep it. Longest one they'd ever seen. Now if they could take out what's growing in my brain. Which is why I'm traveling to see you. Nasty tumor. Wish it were just a rumor. It'll kill me of course if the gumbo I hope you'll serve me doesn't.

If I die while feasting just bury me in the muck. I'm sure the crawfish are already plotting their revenge. Of course, if that's not possible, or inconvenient, the waste disposal plant will have to do.

So do they still call you Brian-the-Brain? Oh, how we teased you. You got the last laugh. Nothing like a urologist who knows the real measure of things to set us all straight. I can hear Tanisha squealing about that even now. She was such a hoot. I miss her.

So, get your nose out of your books and start cooking! I'll be there this evening. Gave the mailman this letter to personally deliver it. I invited her too. Nothing like crawfish to seal the bribe. See you at 7?

Your friend Hairy (I'm bald now).

For
Journalistic Intentions  (18+)
This is for the journal keeping types that come to PLAY! New round starts February 1!
#2213121 by Elisa the Bunny Stik


and
Daily Flash Fiction Challenge  (13+)
Enter your story of 300 words or less.
#896794 by Arakun the Twisted Raccoon
(prompts: hair, book, nose)

3,006

© Copyright 2020 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/995181-Dear-Doctor-Brain