*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/995354-October-8-2020
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#995354 added October 8, 2020 at 8:24am
Restrictions: None
October 8, 2020
An image for the forum "Prompt: Baby Yoda and I were cruising the galaxy and found this planet:


 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#2234269 by Not Available.


Write about the days of your life and how this poem applies.

I think every day is somewhat different. Yes. We all have routines and those can get boring. However, most days have some variety, whether that variety is positive or negative. It is this variety that keeps us balanced. We say we don't like surprises yet each moment of our lives brings a new experience and in that sense a surprise.

This image made by Sharmelle's Expressions. "Chris has asked me to do the prompts on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. So I will be sending prompts the night before, tonight Wednesday I am sending the prompt for Thursday, Oct 8, 2020. I am hoping this is right.

What I thought I would do is take a book of the Bible and go thru it chapter by chapter. I really like Proverbs so thought I would start there. We will take it in sections and you all tell me what it means to you. I did this with my Sunday School class several years ago and they enjoyed it.

Proverbs 1:1 The Author: The proverbs of Solomon the son of David, king of Israel;

Proverbs 1:2-6 The Purpose: 2. To know wisdom and instruction; to perceive the words of understanding; 3. To receive the instruction of wisdom, justice, and judgment and equity; 4. To give subtilty to the simple, to the young man knowledge and discretion. 5. A wise man will hear, and will increase learning; a man of understanding shall attain unto wise counsels: 6. To understand a proverb, and the interpretation; the words of the wise, and their dark sayings.

Proverbs 1:7 The Theme: The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

If you think this is too long, I can shorten them. But tell me what this means to you.

Hope you have a wonderful evening."

I would go with one proverb at a time. Each Proverb is a nugget of wisdom from God to Solomon. Doing one at a time would be sufficient for my taste. The first thing I want to say is that Proverbs addresses Wisdom as if it were a person. It does this to emphasize the importance of wisdom. Wisdom only comes with study and experience.

Image for BCOF members to put in their blogs "Use this image to inspire your blog entry today. Tell us a story or write a poem."

I wish you had allowed us to use the image itself.

I lived in an old house like that. In fact, I have lived in several like that. They are hot in the summer and cold in the winter. I've woken up with snow on my blankets in old houses like that where the snow blew in through the cracks. They're hard to live in.

Blog City image small "Prompt: Do you like to write a story as the first person as the character or just write the story like an author?"

If I write a story I just narrate. Sometimes I write it from first person. I usually write third person. Now I write basically academic papers in which the author uses active voice. Active voice means you keep it in the present. You do not use being verbs such as "is" and "are". Try writing two thousand words and never use "is" "are" or "were". It is hard.




Signature for finalists in 2018 Quill AwardsSignature for nominees of the 10th annual Quill AwardsSig for nomineesA signature image for use by anyone nominated for a Quill in 2018Signature for nominees of the 2019 Quill AwardsA signature for those who sponsored the 2017 Quill AwardsSignature image for sponsors of the 2018 Quill AwardsSignature for use by 2019 Quill Awards sponsors

© Copyright 2020 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/995354-October-8-2020