*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/995463-October-9-2020
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#995463 added October 9, 2020 at 2:52pm
Restrictions: None
October 9, 2020
Created by the talented  [Link To User poulynoe] Created by the talented A. E. Willcox at Flights of Fantasy Image ShoppeImage for BCOF members to put in their blogsBlog City image small

An image for the forum I was traveling the galaxy and found this planet: TheBusmanPoet

 
STATIC
Decisions  (E)
When one comes along. You have to decide.
#2195586 by TheBusmanPoet



Write about decisions.

Decisions are something I have to make every day. Some of them are big decisions and some are trivial. I made a decision just this morning that I was going to focus on a term paper I had to write in order to get my second bachelor's degree. I chose to do that instead of jumping on here and doing mu blog immediately. I am glad I chose to do so because I was able to write a pretty impressive paper in that amount of time.
I am glad I made all the decisions I made in my lifetime. I mean, there are a few that were not the wisest decisions I ever made, but I honestly feel it took every decision, even the stupid ones, to make me who I am today. I decided some time ago that I like who I am today. Of course, the wisest decision I ever made was the decision to turn my will and my life over to Jesus Christ. That decision brought renewal to my life. It also brought an interest in God's word into my life. Thanks to that interest I have now officially earned both an associate of divinity and a bachelor of divinity degree from a Christian college to go along with the RBA and academic associate degree I already held. In about two years I will also have my Master of Divinity degree. Decisions can be good.


A signature for my blog Prompt: "Hello All,

I think the prompt for yesterday was way too long, so today will be much shorter.

Precepts of Wisdom

Avoid Bad Company

Proverbs 1: 8-9

8. My son hear the instruction of thy father, and forsake not the law of thy mother:

9. for they shall be an ornament of grace unto thy head, and chains about thy neck.


What do you think King Solomon was saying here?

Hopefully, this will be easier, I found yesterday's a little too long to answer fully."

I believe Solomon was telling his sons (and us) that obedience is much better than rebellion. While there are some parents whose children should not listen to them, most parents want what is best for their children. My parents were old school. If you got out of line with them there was an excellent chance you were going to be whipped by Mom, Dad, or possibly both. They even told other parents to treat us just as they would treat their own children. IKf we did something wrong they had no problem with the other parents whipping us. IKf another parent did whip us we got it twice more, once from Mom and once from Dad. Of course, those days are over, which is why today's youth have a sense of entitlement and such a lack of discipline. It's why we have riots still going on in some parts of the country. People do not have respect for the law because they were never taught that actions have consequences, or when the actions did have consequences they were minimal. Solomon was telling his children that discipline was good for them.

Image for BCOF members to put in their blogs Prompt: "Is it easier for you to respond to written prompt or a picture prompt? Why?"

I believe it is easier to respond to a written prompt. A picture prompt could be nearly anything. I like for things to be a little more specific. And then there is the matter of some picture prompts not making any sense. I've seen "pictures" that looked like somebody took paint and threw it at a wall just to see what they would come up with. What is the point?

Blog City image small Prompt: "There are 83 days left in this year. Have you accomplished the goals you set back on the 1st day of this year? Have you set new goals with the intent to accomplish them in the last stretch?"

The only real goal I set for myself this year was to be admitted to graduate school and I have accomplished that. I also wanted to receive my certification as a peer support specialist and that is in process. I have my hours. My papers have been signed and submitted. Now it is just a matter of waiting for a test date.


Signature for finalists in 2018 Quill AwardsSignature for nominees of the 10th annual Quill AwardsSig for nomineesA signature image for use by anyone nominated for a Quill in 2018Signature for nominees of the 2019 Quill AwardsA signature for those who sponsored the 2017 Quill AwardsSignature image for sponsors of the 2018 Quill AwardsSignature for use by 2019 Quill Awards sponsors

© Copyright 2020 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/995463-October-9-2020