*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/995776-October-13-2020
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#995776 added October 13, 2020 at 7:12pm
Restrictions: None
October 13, 2020
Created by the talented  [Link To User poulynoe] Created by the talented A. E. Willcox at Flights of Fantasy Image ShoppeImage for BCOF members to put in their blogsBlog City image small



Just an image What promise comes with the 5th commandment? Why is this important today?

The promise that comes with the fifth commandment is long life and prosperity. God promised the children of Israel that if they would honor their parents they would live long, happy lives in the land God was giving them. They were a culture that already revered their parents. God told them this as a way of saying that if they would listen to the advice their parents gave them and believe the stories their parents handed down they would be prosperous spiritually. The stories the parents would hand down would be stories about the many miracles God performed and about God's laws. God wanted them to know these stories and be able to recite them and believe them.

For my blog } One of the people who has been a tremendous help to the Salvation Army Huntington Corps is Hershel "Woody" Williams, a WWII Congressional Medal of Honor recipient who lives here in my town. I am sure Woody would appreciate this poem that PandaPaws Licensed VetTech wrote. I found it today while cruising through the WDC galaxy.


 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#1984238 by Not Available.


A Salute to the Brave Men and Women who fought in WWII A Quatrain Rhyme scheme aabb

Read it and comment.

While I fancy myself a poet, I do not see myself as a person who is able to judge poetry well. I will say that as a veteran myself I appreciate this poem. It honors those who fought in World War II. There aren't many WWII veterans around anymore. I am a Cold War Veteran having served during the Carter Administration. I knew a few World War Two veterans. In fact, General Omar Bradley, the commander of the European theatre chewed me out in basic training for failing to salute him. Needless to say, I never failed to salute an officer again after that. I salute Mr. Williams every time I see him whether I am in uniform or not. He usually has his Congressional Medal of Honor around his neck and it makes him worthy of saluting.

Image for BCOF members to put in their blogs "Prompt: Look around you and pick a random object. Write a short story on how that object came to be."

You're joking right. My muse done went south. I'm lucky to crank out a general discussion.

Update: It's been bugging me all day that I did not do a better job with this prompt. So I decided that muse or no muse, I am going to try to respond to it. I am sitting here looking at my flat screen television. I have no idea what twechnology goes into them but I do have an idea what kind of technology goes into a radio. You see, before I gave it up and entered the helping professions, I was a manufacturing major. One of the classes I took required me to build a radio. I built it from scratch and it worked just fine. They are actually pretty simple but still too complicated to explain here. It will have to suffice to say that it consisted of a motherboard to which I had to solder all of the components onto the motherboard. The components include capacitors, diodes, electrodes, antenna, speakers, and other components. I decided when doing it that I simply could not see myself doing that type of work the rest of my life. Instead, I went into the helping professions and am now a chaplain.

Blog City image small "Prompt: “Art completes what nature cannot bring to a finish,” says Aristotle. “The artist gives us knowledge of nature’s unrealized end.”
What do you think about this connection between art and nature?"

I think Aristotle is full of hot air. God's work is finished. Read Genesis and it will tell you so.



Signature for finalists in 2018 Quill AwardsSignature for nominees of the 10th annual Quill AwardsSig for nomineesA signature image for use by anyone nominated for a Quill in 2018Signature for nominees of the 2019 Quill AwardsA signature for those who sponsored the 2017 Quill AwardsSignature image for sponsors of the 2018 Quill AwardsSignature for use by 2019 Quill Awards sponsors

© Copyright 2020 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/995776-October-13-2020