*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/995999-October-16-2020
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#995999 added October 16, 2020 at 8:39am
Restrictions: None
October 16, 2020
Created by the talented  [Link To User poulynoe] Made by the talented A. E. Wilcox }Image for BCOF members to put in their blogsBlog City image small

Created by the talented A. E. Willcox at Flights of Fantasy Image Shoppe Prompt: Cruising the universe, I found this planet:
 9-11  (13+)
A poem about September 11, 2001.
#2170507 by Schnujo is Late to Lannister


Write about that day in 2001. 9-11. What were your thoughts?

The first thought I had was "That was no accident."

I turned the television on just in time to see the second plane crash into the tower. I could see that it was clearly flown into the tower. My second thought was

"All of those poor people aboard." I felt horrible for having witnessed their deaths along with the thousands of others.

I had to argue with my ex for a bit because she wanted to watch a video. I nixed that idea by telling her that whether she understood it or not, we were officially being bombed. They were using airplanes as flying bombs and that I would like to watch the news so I could see just what the extent of the attack was and who did it. Needless to say, I won that fight.

Created by the talented  [Link To User poulynoe] Hello all, hope your week is going well.

Prompt for Friday, Oct 16, 2020

Proverbs 1:12

Let us swallow them up alive as the grave; and whole, as those that go down into the pit.


These verses 8 - 19 are written together in the section Avoid Bad Company. It is just too much to put it all in one prompt. It might be helpful to read it all in order to get the full meaning.

This proverb is telling us that if we stay away from evil people we will not become corrupted by them. The people of Israel were just like people today. They were easily led. They often intermarried with other faiths and this led them to begin practicing those faiths. Most of the Old Testament prophecies and history are about Israel doing just that. They cheated on God by being misled into worshiping idols. Of course, God was ultimately forgiving and restored them but there were consequences, devastating ones.

Image for BCOF members to put in their blogs https://www.delish.com/food/g25572846/dessert-quotes/?slide=19

Pick a dessert quote and share a story that connects with the one you chose.

"Without ice cream, there would be darkness and chaos."

I don't know that there would be darkness and chaos without it, but I do love ice cream! I can eat it outside in the wintertime during a blizzard and not think twice. I am a glutton when it comes to ice cream though. I don't eat a pint at a time. I eat half gallons at a time. Therefore, I do not buy it often.

Blog City image small Prompt: "Discuss this quote: “I think of myself as a bad writer with big ideas, but I'd rather be that than a big writer with bad ideas.”
― Michael Moorcock"

I agree. The big writer with bad ideas sells books. The rest of us are unheard of so nobody buys our books.

© Copyright 2020 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/995999-October-16-2020