*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/996382-Glad-the-Potatoes-are-In
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2198921
Norma's Wanderings around a small section of Montana
#996382 added October 20, 2020 at 11:52pm
Restrictions: None
Glad the Potatoes are In
So we got some snow the other day. Six inches by my count. Some in the outlying areas got more. They are predicting more tomorrow. There is a winter storm warning. Glad we don't have to go anywhere.

We stripped the garden the other day. By weight we got a bit over 30# of potatoes. I planted huckleberry gold seed potatoes. They are a nice purple skinned yellow flesh potato. We like them better than the regular russet baking potato. They have more flavor, less sweet. I think the ones you get now in the stores are just pure sugar. Hate them.

Today as we did dishes, I looked out the window and spied a lowlife deer eating crabapples off our little tree in the front yard. She ate all the ones on the ground, then proceeded to stand on her hind legs and graze on the branches. So we had to shoo her away. Hopefully her little pea brain will not register that there are more little apples to be had. Her hooves are razor sharp, she could really ruin my little tree. And speaking of trees, we got a new one out front. The city planted a gingko tree for us near the street a year ago. It died over the winter last year. We complained, since it was a city planting project. Roundup is the Montana Tree City for 2020. They are proud of that fact and plant a lot of trees for people. You pay $25 and they'll give you a nice little tree. Whoever planted the gingko did a pitiful job and the poor little thing didn't make it. So a few days ago we got another tree. This time it's a box elder. Seems that is a form of a maple, and does quite well in Montana. So we pray this little one makes it.

Not much else going on. Still doing the late night thing. It really is getting annoying trying to find things to do to keep myself awake. But now I am at 1:45 AM, tomorrow I drop to 1:30 AM. My goal is to get to midnight. I think it is working. My addled little brain, poor gray matter.

Enjoy the image. I'm getting ready to be busy for another 3 hours. Hmmm. Knitting. Reading. Bingo online. Facebook. What else can I do?


Winter is here?



Queen Norma Jean *Crown*

letters and words

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.


Queen Norma Jean *Crown*

letters and words

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2020 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/996382-Glad-the-Potatoes-are-In