*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/996691-A-sack-of-bones-268
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1311011
A terminal for all blogs coming in or going out. A view into my life.
#996691 added October 26, 2020 at 2:31am
Restrictions: None
A sack of bones [268]
For:
Journalistic Intentions  (18+)
This is for the journal keeping types that come to PLAY! New round starts February 1!
#2213121 by Elisa the Bunny Stik


*Mailr* lifeinsurancenet.info@identityremains.

< I found some bones in my basement. Any suggestions?

Carl: We only insure living people.

< Well, my great aunt had a policy that was never cashed in. She's been missing for 5 years.

Carl: Did you file a missing person's report?

< No. We assumed she had moved to get away from all of us. She was an ornery old cuss. Her name is Cassandra Stoughton Howard. Could you check?

Carl: When was she born?

< 1930 I think. Her birthday was April 2nd. She never celebrated it but it's in the family bible.

Carl: Do you have a relative by the name of Felicia?

< Yes. Why do you ask?

Carl: She signed for your aunt when she cashed the policy 4 years ago. The signature matches.

< Funny you should ask that. She's never said anything. Lives in the same ratty old house and vacations at the same beach cottage every July. As meek and mild as a church mouse and as poor.

Carl: Well, I'd call the police and ask them to check into those bones. How did you find them?

< My wife won't go into the basement and I'm not fond of spiders and snakes. But I needed to check the furnace and decided to look around. Found an old sack in the corner closet where my great grandfather kept canned tomatoes and pickles. Found a couple unopened jars. But that sack didn't look empty. It wasn't. Found the bones.

Carl: You really should call the police. If there's anything suspicious give us a call. Your aunt... had a large policy. What's your address?

< *Stop* 12808 Hazard Ave. Way out in the boonies. It once was a farm.

Carl: Are you home today?

< Yep. Going nowhere.

Carl: Good I'll call the police to ask them to investigate just to be sure. Call us if they find anything.

< You betcha. Could just be a fake Halloween skeleton or an old dog. Family always kept a few. I didn't look too close. Guess I'd better tell the Missus we're having company. She's not going to be happy. She's like old Aunt Cassie. Almost as ornery and doesn't like company.

© Kåre Enga [177.268] (25.oktober.2020)

Only 2 to go from these 4 remaining prompts:

*Drbag* Dr. Fangman
*Stop* Porcupine Pt.
*Mailr* hairtherapy@gilbertneurolgy.com
*Mailr* politicalwatch@appliancerepairscottsdaleaz.com

Note: guess I could do this in reverse like emails usually are, but that's a lot of extra work. Which I did trimming it down to 300 words in
 
STATIC
lifeinsurancenet.info@identityremains  (18+)
When bones are found? Send an e-mail to the local insurance company to collect. [268] 300w
#2236239 by Kåre Enga in Montana

3117

© Copyright 2020 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/996691-A-sack-of-bones-268