*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/997033-Teaching-From-Home--A-Habit-Im-Beginning-To-Like
by Sum1
Rated: E · Book · Travel · #1779685
I travel the country on business, sometimes the world. Come see where I've been.
#997033 added October 28, 2020 at 7:54pm
Restrictions: None
Teaching From Home. A Habit I'm Beginning To Like
Locale: Bloomington, Illinois


Week of: October 19, 2020


         This past week I taught from home once again.  This was after having spent two weeks on vacation.  Since I rarely take vacations, it was hard to get into the groove of not working, but then it was a little hard to get back in the practice of working again too!  I was just getting used to relaxing, and it was time to hit the grindstone again....


         This was a class on programming one of our two way radio brands.  It was also a class on a relatively new piece of software that allows a customer to manage their radio fleet.  I have taught each of these classes many times, but never back to back like this.  What I quickly discovered, is that we seem to deliver this backwards.  How so?  Well, that second piece of software is also used to program those radios, but there's a few differences in how you go about it.  Within the first hour of class, I realized we should be delivering that second software all along, while also showing them how to program radios.  It's difficult to explain here without going into details.  If I did that, I'd lose you rather quickly, so I really gloss over details to save you.  *Laugh* 


In Closing

         That class went well, everyone seemed happy with what was covered, and it's time to move on to the next class.  I will spend the weekend at home, before traveling Sunday to my next class.  Til next time, be good to yourselves and those you love, and WRITE!




Jim Dorrell

© Copyright 2020 Sum1 (UN: jim-d at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sum1 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/997033-Teaching-From-Home--A-Habit-Im-Beginning-To-Like