*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
11
12
13
14
15
16
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/997607-Sedition-DD34
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1311011
A terminal for all blogs coming in or going out. A view into my life.
#997607 added November 4, 2020 at 2:27pm
Restrictions: None
Sedition DD3&4
SEDITION: an illegal action inciting resistance to lawful authority and tending to cause the disruption or overthrow of the government
SEDITIOUS: arousing to action or rebellion

He-who-should-not-be-named basically declared himself dictator for the next 4 years at 2 a.m. in the morning, November 4, 2020.

The reaction was immediate. The GOP pundits on ABC were stunned. Give Chris Christie credit... he called it a dumb move. If this continues it basically overthrows the government as we know it: sedition. If it leads to violence it is criminal.

One can hope that Arizona and Nevada along with Michigan and Wisconsin will deal the death-blow to this insanity and that calm with prevail once the Toddler gets over his tantrums.


For
 
FORUM
Space Blog  (ASR)
Cruising WDC cyberspace and raiding ports for blog prompts!
#2223838 by Sharmelle's Expressions


"A Visit With Grace and Mercy"   [E] by G. B. Williams

Mini-review: Very sweet *HeartO*. Looks a bit like prose but it reads like poetry. It has a certain cadence and near rhymes that really work. It needs an edit though to smooth it out. Small things... like shortening morning to 'morn', maybe cut 'on my day' and keeping 'all day long'. It will be a 4.5 poem once edited and smoothed out.

There's a narcissitic trap about inspirational or inspired writing that poets must avoid. Just remember: "You are not the voice of God" (in whatever voice you think the Goddess speaks). Once you have set the halo aside one can look at the writing and make it an essay, prose, parable, poem, according to the laws of human language.

Space Blog prompt: Write about grace and mercy.

Grace: a disposition to kindness and compassion; benign good will
Example: "The victor's grace in treating the vanquished"


         We've all seen kindness and compassion but not from the White House these last 4 years.

(Christian theology): the free and unmerited favor or beneficence of God
Example: "God's grace is manifested in the salvation of sinners"


         I was raised among the brethren of Nazis who believed that they could do what they wanted and then plead to God for mercy. They justified their rascism and sense of superiority. So no... imo they didn't deserve God's mercy; although that's the point of 'grace'... it goes to the undeserving as well (unless they are Black, Jewish, Pagan...).

Mercy: alleviation of distress; showing great kindness toward the distressed.

The Whiter-than-White House caveat: only if you are White, Wealthy or Powerful.


For: "Dew Drop Inn"   [18+] by Katya the Poet

Golden showers rain
after the calm.
November's teardrops
glisten the leaves.
I listen for winter.

KE [277a] DD#3

White, white, white!
Begone the grey!
Time to hibernate
till the New Day flowers.
Four year forecast:
fascism.

KE [277b] DD#4


3,152

© Copyright 2020 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/997607-Sedition-DD34