*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
6
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/998188-Costume-you-say-Ill-give-it-a-miss
by Sumojo
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2186156
The simplicity of my day to day.
#998188 added November 12, 2020 at 5:14am
Restrictions: None
Costume you say? I’ll give it a miss.
PROMPT November 12th

Imagine you are invited to a party celebrating your favorite book. The dress code asks you to dress up as your favorite character. Who or what do you dress up as?

My imagination doesn’t stretch to being invited to a dress up party. The books I read are all about real people, dressed in day to day clothes. Nothing outlandish.

My Granddaughter went to a hen’s night last weekend. The bride-to-be is obsessed with Harry Potter. The stripper, organised for the festivities, was dressed like Harry. Although I can’t imagine a stripping Harry, he apparently cut quite the figure, not a skinny character at all. Perhaps all he really needed was a pair of owl like glasses. The rest of the bridal party were instructed to arrive dressed as either a witch or a wizard. I think even I could manage that.

If I could think of a hospital drama book, that would suit me. I could go dressed in scrubs, flat shoes and borrow my daughter’s stethoscope and simply hang it around my neck.

Where’s Wally? That would be pretty easy too. I’ve spent countless hours searching for him with my Grandkids.


© Copyright 2020 Sumojo (UN: sumojo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sumojo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/998188-Costume-you-say-Ill-give-it-a-miss