*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/998757-Bountiful-yields
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Inspirational · #2235304
A book to keep track of bible studies and other spiritual wisdoms.
#998757 added November 20, 2020 at 10:09am
Restrictions: None
Bountiful yields

Hi All

A little late with the prompt, but here it is.

Proverbs 3:9

9. Honor the Lord with thy substance, and with the first fruits of all thine increase:

10. So shall thy barns be filled with plenty, and thy presses shall burst out with new wine.

How do you think Thanksgiving might fit with these verses?


Years ago when we were active in a church a group of us started serving Thanksgiving dinner to people who did not have a place to go for Thanksgiving. The work was divided among many, so it did not seem to much a struggle and it was as much a blessing to those who were putting on the meal as to those, who were in need of friendship and dinner on Thanksgiving. Now, with pandemic the need is extended way beyond Thanksgiving. Even though I’m not a part of this service on Thanksgiving any more. I was blessed to see a different church take up the call and start this dinner again.

The need to feed, clothe, and house others besides our own families is always out there. One of the news reports that is welcome is how some enterprising people are finding enterprising ways to keep giving where there is a need. 9 and 10 are more promises about right ways to handle life.












apondia#1781748






© Copyright 2020 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/998757-Bountiful-yields