*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/999277-Thanksgiving
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Inspirational · #2235304
A book to keep track of bible studies and other spiritual wisdoms.
#999277 added November 28, 2020 at 12:38pm
Restrictions: None
Thanksgiving


owl for signature use

Hello Everyone,

Prompt, Saturday, November 28, 2020

Proverbs 3:25-28 Be Kind and Generous to Others.

25. Be not afraid of sudden fear, neither of the desolation of the wicked, when it cometh.

26. For the Lord shall be thy confidence and shall keep thy foot from being taken.

27. Withhold not good from them to whom it is due when it is in the power of thine hand to do it.

28. Say not unto thy neighbor, Go, and come again, and tomorrow I will give when thou hast it by thee.


Dianne
Lazy Writer
Trying to turn "Lazy" into "Busy"!Tell about Thanksgiving Day

I’m fortunate to have a copy of the King James on my phone. Thanksgiving Day I could read and cook. I was up at 5:30 A.M. to clean, stuff, and start the turkey roasting. I baked a cake, and had everything prepared to pull from the refrigerator then cook at the proper time for each dish by 9A.M. There were only 2 of us.

I wanted to watch the parade then the Dog Show at Westminster. During the day a lot of Happy Thanks giving messages came in on my phone. So, some of my family stayed in touch even though everyone stayed at home for safety. This was the first year I actually watched most of the parade and the dog show without interruption. The last few years this has been what we look forward to on Thanksgiving.

As for 3: 25-28 and Chapter 3 up to now there are some awesome promises revealed. It is also relevant that throughout Chapter 3 we are not promised that we won’t see problems. Only what ever form they take God will help us with right decisions.

In 25 I was glad it spoke of sudden fear. Sometimes life seems to go in the right direction and then takes a significant policy change. The death of a loved one, your house is violated, or some other unforeseen action against peaceful direction. Desolation can be complete loneliness, destruction of a sort you don’t expect. Covid 19 is laying this on everyone in many countries now.

Verses 25 and 26 give me confidence that they are true as I’ve experienced a lot of desolation of the wicked in life.

27 and 28 : 27 gives me confidence. I like the part , “When it is in the power of thy hand to do it.” Because, often we feel powerless in good works, when there is so many people who need someone to notice needs. I think of the long lines of people on the news getting food. During the week, people working the food lines were reporting, that food needs have risen to extreme levels. The verses up to now give us so much to think about.












apondia#1781748






© Copyright 2020 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/999277-Thanksgiving