*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/999571-December-3-2020
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#999571 added December 4, 2020 at 8:47am
Restrictions: None
December 3, 2020
Created by the talented  [Link To User poulynoe] Made by the talented A. E. Wilcox }Image for BCOF members to put in their blogsBlog City image small

Just an image Hello All,

Prompt Thursday, December 3, 2020

Proverbs 4:4-6 Acquire Wisdom

4. He taught me also, and said unto me, Let thine heart retain my words: keep my commandments and live.

5. Ged wisdom, get understanding: forget it not; neither decline from the words of my mouth.

6. Forsake her not, and she shall preserve thee: love her, and she shall keep thee.

Wisdom is the breath of life to a believer. Wisdom, as Solomon used it meant salvation for Jesus, had not yet been crucified when Solomon wrote. In fact, Solomon was one of the sons of David and is a direct ancestor of Jesus. Solomon though lived and wrote hundreds of years before the birth of Christ so Solomon did not see the fulfillment of the promise. He believed in that fulfillment and that is what saved him. Wisdom to Solomon was believing and obeying God's word.

Made by the talented A. E. Wilcox "Prompt: Captain Buck Rogers and I were traveling the galaxy and found this planet:
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#1203143 by Not Available.


Write about searching for poetry of your heart."

I sometimes wonder if I have lost my poetry voice altogether. It has been ages since I have written any poetry. I am usually always either writing an academic paper or working on my blog. Most of my creative energy goes into writing academic papers, which I cannot post because they become the property of Regent University once I post them for grades. They are usually excellent papers too and I never receive less than an A on them. The last one I wrote and got the grade back for was on Augustine of Hippo. I got a 98 on that one. The professor docked me two points for using a sidenote, which I did not know was not permitted in an academic paper. I still have an A in the class and if my grade remains the same my GPA should increase to 3.92 at the end of the semester, which is two weeks away.

Right now I am preparing to take my peer recovery support test next Tuesday. It is a 120-minute comprehensive test for my state certification as a peer support specialist. I will then be one step closer to my final goal, which is my Addiction Counselor certification or AADC. I should have enough hours to test for it when I complete my master of divinity degree, which should be 2023.

Image for BCOF members to put in their blogs Prompt: "This is the final month of the year, Did you accomplish all the goals you hoped for this year? What adjustments will you be making for next year's goals? Will you be setting goals for next year?"

Aside from my education, which will not be completed for several years yet, I had one real resolution in 2020. That was to obtain the hours of training needed to qualify to take my state certification for the WVCBAPP {West Virginia Certification Board of Addiction Prevention Professionals. I am testing as a peer recovery support specialist this coming Tuesday so yes, I met my goal. I usually reach whatever goals I set for myself because I set realistic and attainable goals then work all year to meet that goal.

Blog City image small "Prompt: Do you believe you can go as far as your gifts will take you or are there limits?"

I believe we are limited only in what we believe are our limits.

Signature for finalists in 2018 Quill AwardsSignature for nominees of the 10th annual Quill AwardsSig for nomineesA signature image for use by anyone nominated for a Quill in 2018Signature for nominees of the 2019 Quill AwardsA signature for those who sponsored the 2017 Quill AwardsSignature image for sponsors of the 2018 Quill AwardsSignature for use by 2019 Quill Awards sponsors

© Copyright 2020 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/999571-December-3-2020