*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/999636-December-4-2020
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#999636 added December 5, 2020 at 7:40am
Restrictions: None
December 4, 2020
Created by the talented  [Link To User poulynoe] Made by the talented A. E. Wilcox }Image for BCOF members to put in their blogsBlog City image small

Just an image Prompt Friday, December 4, 2020

Proverbs 4:7-9

7. Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.

8. Exalt her, and she shall promote thee: she shall bring thee to honour, when thou dost embrace her.

9. She shall give to thine head an ornament of grace: a crown of glory shall she deliver to thee.


NOTES:

7. The first step in acquiring wisdom is to make up your mind that you want it and will strive to obtain it.

God is saying here that it is not only good to get wisdom but also to get understanding to go with wisdom. We want to know what is the wise thing to do in a situation and why it is a wise thing to do.

This passage may also have something to do with the spiritual gift of discernment in 1 Corinthians 12. The gift of discernment makes the recipient wise and able to supernaturally discern right and wrong, guilt and innocence in a situation. This gift would be close to what Solomon is talking about if he is referring to supernatural wisdom. I believe however that the proper exegesis or interpretation of the passage is that we should gain wisdom or knowledge of God's law and understanding in applying God's law.

Made by the talented A. E. Wilcox Prompt: "Today we took on a new crew member and decided to show the crew member around by visiting a star that is the home system of another member of our crew. Near the star system Joy is the star system Angelica- Happy May 5th! . One of the planets in the system Angelica- Happy May 5th! is
 
STATIC
Underwater Stones  (E)
Searching for underwater stones by the beach
#751616 by Joy

which discusses the ocean and something called a "noreaster".

We investigated and found that a "noreaster" is a weather system that approaches from the north east. On the North American continent this can be bad. Have you ever experienced a noreaster? What was it like?"

I live in West Virginia USA so yes, I have experienced a "Noreaster." Actually, I have experienced many of them along with Alberta Clippers. Noreasters around here usually bring a severe drop in temperatures, particularly in the wintertime. They can also bring snow, though we are far enough south that we don't always experience huge amounts of snow from them. Our snow is measured in inches. Those states to the extreme north and in the Canadian provinces are hit much harder by these systems than we typically are. I have seen a few times when a Noreaster combined with a weather system from the west and really hammered us but that doesn't happen often. One time we had 24 inches of snow.

Image for BCOF members to put in their blogs Prompt: "Please, use these words in your entry : barrier, discriminate, smile, illusion, conversation and reindeer."

I hope there are no barriers that cause Santa to discriminate against me this year. It will put a smile on his face to see that I have been nice for a change. The lump of coal I got so many years was not an illusion. My behavior and conversation were terrible those years. Even the reindeer shunned me.


Blog City image small Prompt: "What kind of birds visit/live where you are? Did you know the University of Michigan did a study on migratory birds and it was noted migratory birds are getting smaller and their wings are wider due to climate change? Have you noticed the changes yourself?"

The only migratory birds I really watch around here are the red-breasted robins. I watch them for I know that when I begin to see them again spring is near. However, I live in southwestern West Virginia now and have noticed that the red-breasted robin does not migrate from here. I do not know if that is normal for this area or not.


Signature for finalists in 2018 Quill AwardsSignature for nominees of the 10th annual Quill AwardsSig for nomineesA signature image for use by anyone nominated for a Quill in 2018Signature for nominees of the 2019 Quill AwardsA signature for those who sponsored the 2017 Quill AwardsSignature image for sponsors of the 2018 Quill AwardsSignature for use by 2019 Quill Awards sponsors

© Copyright 2020 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/999636-December-4-2020