*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/999874-Mr-and-Mrs-Claus-dating-10th-Anniversary
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #2171316
As the first blog entry got exhausted. My second book
#999874 added December 8, 2020 at 12:47pm
Restrictions: None
Mr. and Mrs. Claus dating 10th Anniversary
It was at the cinema.
Mr. and Mrs. Claus were two friends.
New ones at that too.
They were discovering each other through shared experiences.
Through a series of ‘firsts’, together.
Their first drive together.
Their first coffee together.
Their first walk together.
And in this case, their first movie together.
They fondly remembered what it was like in those days?
Sitting in a dark theatre, surrounded by people.
A place so public, yet so private.
The desire to have some form of physical contact hung between Mr. and Mrs. Claus like a third entity.
But they took pains not to touch each other. Not to acknowledge the chemistry that crackled between them.
They were just friends.
Nothing more.
Or at least that's what they told each other back then.
A few minutes into the movie and Mrs. Claus felt how she always felt around him.
Comfortable.
Happy.
Content.
Almost involuntarily, her head tilted and found his shoulder.
And everything clicked into place.
It was another first for Mr. and Mrs. Claus.
But something told Mrs. Claus this could be forever.
It felt good.
It felt perfect.
It felt meant to be.

Mr. Claus stiffened for a second at the unexpected gesture. And then relaxed, leaning into Mrs. Claus's head, giving in to the feeling.

That was sometime in 2010.
This is today in 2020.
A few days away from seven years into their marriage.
Over the years, that trusty shoulder has been her headrest in a movie, Mrs. Claus posing a spot for a selfie.
Her pillow through long nights and long flights.
It has muffled her cries, soaked up her tears, and welcomed her guffaws.
And in the decades ahead, it will continue to cradle her greying head and wrinkling face. I hope it will be ever Happy ever for Mr. and Mrs. Claus.


Prompt for Whatever Contest- Write a story about Mr. and Mrs. Claus's first meeting, going on a date, falling in love, or getting married.

Write a story about Mr. and Mrs. Claus's first meeting, going on a date, falling in love, or getting married.
Written for "The Whatever Contest." *Right* "The Whatever Contest -- Closed for Now

Word/Line Count:


Create a different holiday to be celebrated in December. Explain the purpose, traditions, etc.
Written for "The Whatever Contest." *Right* "The Whatever Contest -- Closed for Now

Word/Line Count: 300 words

© Copyright 2020 sindbad (UN: sindbad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
sindbad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/999874-Mr-and-Mrs-Claus-dating-10th-Anniversary