*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/999986-December-10-2020
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#999986 added December 10, 2020 at 8:42am
Restrictions: None
December 10, 2020
Created by the talented  [Link To User poulynoe] Made by the talented A. E. Wilcox }Image for BCOF members to put in their blogsBlog City image small

I love this image. We start a new chapter today.

Prompt Thursday, December 10, 2020

Chapter 5:1-4 Forsake Lust.

1. My son, attend unto my wisdom, and bow thine ear to my understanding.

2. That thou mayest regard discretion, and that thy lips may keep knowledge.

3. For the lips of a strange woman drop as an honeycomb, and her mouth is smoother than oil:

4. But her end is bitter wormwood, sharp as a two-edged sword.

Lust can be a real problem for believers. Man was born to multiply and unlike some animals, we don't go through "mating seasons." We have to deal with the mating instinct all the time. It can be extremely hard to walk down the street and pass a member of the opposite sex that is leaving little to the imagination without having those urges. the world pushes sexuality and lust. Many of the television commercials, billboards, and other things are geared to trigger a response in us. Psychologists spend years learning how to manipulate human minds and know just what strings to pull to get what response. We can't even turn our cellphones on without being accosted by sexually provocative advertising. I turned my cellphone on this morning and checked my email. One email had slipped past my spam folder so before I could even press the delete button I found myself seeing a picture of a young woman leaving nothing to the imagination and offering her services. I immediately deleted it of course but needless to say, I was tempted. The world knows exactly what buttons to push because they installed many of the buttons, to begin with. Holy Spirit may remove the sexual urge someday, but for now, we follow the advice of the sage and walk away.

For my blog Today cruising through the galaxy of cyberspace that is Writing.com I saw a blue star. I checked it out and it was brimming with planets. One of the planets was an old relic farmhouse. What kind of house did you grow up in? Tell us about it. Review this item
STATIC
The Old Farmhouse  (E)
Poem. Father warned us of our feelings, coming home like this.
#721285 by deemac
.

There were times when I was a child that I hated the farm I lived on. Winters were the worst because I was always sick and cold and got tired of being sick and tired. However, looking back on the farm I can see that it had many advantages. We grew much of our own food so it was much healthier and tastier. We had no real neighbors to speak of and we had breathing room. Farm life was hard but it was also very good.

Image for BCOF members to put in their blogs Prompt: "Use song lyrics to describe your favorite memories...."

In the immortal words of Elvis Presley "I did it my way" and it almost killed me. Now thank God I can sing with Hank Williams that "I saw the light."

** Image ID #197183 Unavailable ** "Prompt: "Fear is a reaction. Courage is a decision." Winston Churchill Use this quote in your Blog entry today."

Churchill is right.


Signature for finalists in 2018 Quill AwardsSignature for nominees of the 10th annual Quill AwardsSig for nomineesA signature image for use by anyone nominated for a Quill in 2018Signature for nominees of the 2019 Quill AwardsA signature for those who sponsored the 2017 Quill AwardsSignature image for sponsors of the 2018 Quill AwardsSignature for use by 2019 Quill Awards sponsors

© Copyright 2020 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/999986-December-10-2020