*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/999928-December-9-2020
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#999928 added December 9, 2020 at 8:55am
Restrictions: None
December 9, 2020
Created by the talented  [Link To User poulynoe] Made by the talented A. E. Wilcox }Image for BCOF members to put in their blogsBlog City image small


I love this image. Prompt Wednesday, Dec. 9, 2020, Last of chapter 4.

Proverbs 4:22-27

22. For they are life to those that find them, and health to all their flesh.

23. Keep thy heart with all diligence, for out of it are the issues of life.

24. Put away from thee a froward mouth, and perverse lips put far from thee.

25. Let thine eyes look right on, and let thine eyelids look straight before thee.

26. Ponder the path of thy feet, and let all thy ways be established.

27. Turn not to the right hand nor to the left: remove thy foot from evil.

A life of righteousness is the best possible life one can life. It is wonderful to wake up each morning full of faith and to know that God is there before you say a word to Him. Even if I did not feel the presence of God in my life and even if I thought that life itself was the end of everything, I would want to live a righteous life for it is a life of peace. Knowing that I live in harmony with most people and have very few enemies makes living properly and righteously worth while. God does not want us to live this way because it is good for Him. God cannot be harmed so nothing we do is going to hurt Him. He wants us to live a righteous life because it is good for us. He wants what is best for us and it is in our best interest to let go of bitterness and anger. Anger and negativity are hard on us. They make us miserable. I choose not to be miserable. I choose to accept whatever comes my way and have peace and serenity in my life. I love this lifestyle. My worst possible day as a Christian was the death of my wife. I can say without a doubt that as bad as that day was, it was infinitely better than my best day as a sinner. I grieved yes, but I also had peace and acceptance. I never had that in my life as a sinner. The Psalmist said in Psalm 1 that a believer is like a tree planted by rivers of water. Hardship may come but the tree is grounded and rooted to the source of life. I am rooted to the source of life and choose to stay this way.

Made by the talented A. E. Wilcox "Prompt: I was in my spaceship with Captain Kirk and found this planet:
 Music to the Ears  (E)
So many kinds of music to enjoy - a poem that rhymes.
#2026227 by Tim Chiu

Write about music.

Music is something I don't listen to a lot of anymore. I mean, the housekeeper here on my floor listens to pop and light rock as he works and I usually hear that in the background. As the floor leader, I try to keep my door open all the time so that if anybody needs anything I am here. As a chaplain, I also have an open-door policy so I hear the radio playing softly in the background most of the day. I also listen to a lot of classic hymns. I design the program for chapel each week and print them ahead of time. That way I have some idea of what hymns we are going to sing. I usually try to select hymns that will reinforce whatever message I am preaching that day. So I listen to the hymns ahead of time to determine if they do reinforce my message. I guess I can't say that I listen to no music. I just do not do so for entertainment. Music is good for the soul though. I just do not recommend country music which is depressing nor do I recommend modern rock or rap, all of which is too sexualized. I prefer older (1970's and 1980's rock) which is what our housekeeper listens to.

Image for BCOF members to put in their blogs Prompt: "It's the season when all the holiday goodies appear, what's your favorite? Cookies, what kind? Cake, what kind? Pies, what kind? What's your go to recipe to bring for gatherings?"

My family is the veterans here at the West Virginia Veterans Home. We have a staff of cooks who provide us with all sorts of Christmas goodies. We usually also have donations come in from the community and all sorts of groups that come in during the holidays bringing us goodies. They will not be coming this year due to the pandemic but we will still have a good Christmas.

Blog City image small "Prompt: What old person thing do you do?"

I scratch my Dunlap like an old man. My Dunlap is where my middle-age spread done lapped over my belt. I scratch that wrinkle a lot because it itches. Then of course my belt buckle cuts into it so I rearrange my pants a lot to prevent that.

Signature for finalists in 2018 Quill AwardsSignature for nominees of the 10th annual Quill AwardsSig for nomineesA signature image for use by anyone nominated for a Quill in 2018Signature for nominees of the 2019 Quill AwardsA signature for those who sponsored the 2017 Quill AwardsSignature image for sponsors of the 2018 Quill AwardsSignature for use by 2019 Quill Awards sponsors


© Copyright 2020 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/999928-December-9-2020