*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/action/view/message_id/1655155
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #102362
Drop your new ideas into the Writing.Com Suggestion Box!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jan 17, 2008 at 12:09pm
Edited: January 28, 2008 at 12:23am
New Genre Request: Dark fiction
Hi--
here are the results, stats, and comments on the
"Invalid Item poll. I hope this gives you some of the info you need to decide whether to add this new genre to the list.
Please let me know if you need more info.

362 Votes and
9,580 Views for:
*Note* As of April 17, '08, a new genre has been added to WDC: Dark. A huge thank you goes out to all who helped to champion this cause!
Hooray for The Dark Side!

There are many items on this site that are "dark" that do not really fit into the genres of Horror/Scary, Thriller, Gothic, or even Psychological (which can be construed as non-fiction).
         Some dark writers write to explore their own dark side, while some write about the people who go bump in the night.
         Do you think this genre should be added? This would be a catch-all genre for "dark" items that do not fit into any of the genres already offered.

Interested in what others have said about this question? Click here: "Invalid Item  Posted at "The Suggestion Box": "New Genre Request: Dark fiction"  . Thanks for your support.

This poll is part of
 The Writer's Café  [13+]
Home of The Next 5 Words, Polls, In & Outs for everyone, a bushel of quotations, & more.
by Starr* Rathburn
      Yes. I write in the Dark Fiction genre.
      Yes. I'll read it but not write any.
      No. This genre is not necessary.
      I just want to see the results.
      Yes, but I won't read or write any.

Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#1250199 by Not Available.

Edited to add: "Invalid Item--a listing of other dark writers' works.

Thanks for your consideration.

Starr*R
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#1018197 by Not Available.

Starr*R *Snow2*

Invalid Item  []

by A Guest Visitor

Merit Badge in Horror Scary
[Click For More Info]

To Starr for being a magnificent horror writer, a wonderful friend to writers on the dark & light side, and for adding a touch of class to "Grim Graffiti."
 * Merit Badge in Reviewing
[Click For More Info]

Ranked # 88   Public Reviewer  for the month of  October 2005 . For more details, please see  [Link To Item #614925] .  * Merit Badge in Action Adventure
[Click For More Info]

On December 5, 2007, the  Annual Day of the Ninja  you proved yourself to be a most formidable warrior. With mad ninja skills you spread the wrath of the ninja throughout Writing.com. You are hereby a member of my clan and together we will lurk in the shadows!   [Link To Item #1186586] *

The Writer's Café  (13+)
Home of The Next 5 Words, Polls, In & Outs for everyone, a bushel of quotations, & more.
#384540 by Starr* Rathburn

I love
"Invalid Item
and
Deborah Owen
and
"Self-Editing for Fiction Writers"  
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
New Genre Request: Dark fiction · 01-17-08 12:09pm
by Starr* Rathburn
Re: New Genre Request: Dark fiction · 01-17-08 1:09pm
by StaiNed-House Targaryen

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The StoryMistress.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/action/view/message_id/1655155