*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/action/view/message_id/3595137
by Seuzz
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Fantasy · #2180090
Message forum for readers of the BoM/TWS interactive universe.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 22, 2023 at 9:56am
Edited: October 22, 2023 at 10:03am
Re: Re: Re: Re: Loving the new chapters for the Gordon/Wi...
by Seuzz
"Caleb the Kirkham --> "The Temptation To Be Another + "The Temptation To Be What Another Wants + "The Temptation To Not Be Yourself

>> TBH, it's going to be a challenge to continue. If the masks come out again, isn't it going to feel like a step back for Will, character-wise?

That's what I said a few weeks ago, when I last left this branch. It turns out I did have some ideas for how to continue, at least by using Caleb as a conduit.

And that's where the fun was, for me at least. (I don't know how fun it was to read.) Usually Will is in a mask, and so the focus is more on his experience. Here, though, I got to try to "show" who Caleb was looking like while also suggesting underlying shifts in his characterization: shifts between acting like Kirkham, acting like himself, and acting like himself even while his face and demeanor suggested Kirkham. I have no idea if any of this was successful, but it was a neat challenge to write.

Also, we are now on the cusp of major shenanigans, and I think I worked up some varied and plausible motivations. A need or desire to fit in (with Caleb); temptation for gain (with Gordon); fear of personal safety (Will by himself). I'm looking forward to coming back here.

EDIT: And to help pick which thread to pick up, a poll! "Invalid Item
MESSAGE THREAD
Commentary: "Dodging Out of Dodge" · 09-06-23 12:27am
by ThePrussian
Re: Loving the new chapters for the Gordon/Will storyline · 09-06-23 1:41am
by Easy
Re: Re: Loving the new chapters for the Gordon/Will story... · 09-13-23 8:16am
by Seuzz
Re: Re: Re: Loving the new chapters for the Gordon/Will s... · 09-14-23 4:14pm
by Easy
*Star* Re: Re: Re: Re: Loving the new chapters for the Gordon/Wi... · 10-22-23 9:56am
by Seuzz

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Seuzz.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/action/view/message_id/3595137