*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1021195
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Community · #939896
Have something that just makes you mad? Well, here's the place to complain about it!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Feb 16, 2005 at 10:02am
a rant on credit card companies
by spidey
Taking your lead, poisonivy

Credit Card companies are evil!

Now, there are many reasons for me to say that credit card companies are evil, with their high interest rates and hidden fees, but what really gets me steaming mad is the way they target college students!

Most adults entering college are just starting to learn how to live on their own. They're learning how to save and handle money. Some, if they're lucky, can handle a part-time job while they're taking classes.

These students get bombarded with offers from credit card companies, and it seems like such an easy and convenient solution to money problems. So, they sign up, and accumulate huge amounts of debt. It's impossible to get ahead, and the balances just keep going up. It's so hard to get out!

Now, I've been seeing a commercial for a credit card company that is giving away an internship. So, they're targeting college students with this one, obviously. They're telling college students everywhere to get this credit card and use it as much as possible, because one person (out of thousands and thousands) will be selected to win an internship. They make it seem like you're set for life if you get an internship. Nevermind the fact that most internships don't pay anything, or pay very little. Also, just because you get an internship, doesn't mean that will automatically guarantee a job after college.

Once again, the credit card companies are appealing to the naivete of young college students. I just hope they won't get into a lifetime of debt because of the efforts of evil companies.

** Image ID #886076 Unavailable **

Signature for Between the Lines members-- smaller than the full-size header.
"Spidey's Tangled Web [18+]

** Image ID #932564 Unavailable **
"Invalid Item

Merit Badge in Reviewing
[Click For More Info]

Ranked # 92   Public Reviewer  for the month of  May 2007 . For more details, please see  [Link To Item #614925] . Merit Badge in Friendship
[Click For More Info]

Thanks for being a pal and bailing me out of jail! *^*Wink*^*
Happy Holidays!
Tracey  Merit Badge in Visit WdC 7
[Click For More Info]

Awarded for  visiting the site every day for a week . This badge can be earned over and over again.  Each of these badges adds one (1) Community Recognition!
** Image ID #931281 Unavailable **
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
a rant on credit card companies · 02-16-05 10:02am
by spidey

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, poisonivy.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1021195