*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1036251
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Community · #939896
Have something that just makes you mad? Well, here's the place to complain about it!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Mar 14, 2005 at 12:35pm
"Chain Letter" E-mail
Grouchy Smurf says, "I hate E-mail!"

I hate those forwards that you get saying, "Pass this on!! It really works!!!" They send some silly poem or picture (usually something about friendship), and they ask you to forward it to a certain number of people, and something great will happen. It used to say that a pop-up would appear (or something like that), but I guess people figured out that nothing ever happens. Now they prey on people's superstition, or worse, their guilt. They say that you will have good luck if you forward it to others. They might also say that you are not a good person if you don't forward the e-mail or return it to the sender (imagine that!). These types of e-mails always remind me that I just don't have that many friends to send e-mail to.

Another thing about this is that I work at a University. So when one person sends me a forward, they also send it to ten other people that I know. Then those ten other people send it to me, and ten other people. Then more people send it to me....you see where I'm going with this. This morning, I received an "Irish Friendship" forward..then I got about 6 more of the same E-mail. And we're not supposed to use the E-mail system for personal E-mail. The E-mail will get passed around until someone complains about it, and then there will probably be a big arguement (via E-mail) about why this is or is not a good use of our time..

This is Grouchy - um, I mean ivy - signing off for today..

By the way, if you have something to rant about (or if you want to argue against something I said), feel free! I'd love to hear from you!
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
"Chain Letter" E-mail · 03-14-05 12:35pm
by poisonivy

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, poisonivy.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1036251