*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1037689
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Community · #939896
Have something that just makes you mad? Well, here's the place to complain about it!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Mar 16, 2005 at 12:33pm
Sizes of Women's Clothing
Grouchy Smurf says, "I hate women's clothing!"
(LOL! Does anyone else find that incredibly funny? ....Just me? Oh well..)

I don't understand how they came up with sizes for women's clothing, particularly pants. Do they expect all women to be proportionately the same? I have a really tough time finding pants that fit, because I'm so short (5'2" on a good day, lol). And don't get me started on "petite" sizes, they are just stupid. They don't fit either. Usually I can't wear anything less than a size 5 because my waist is too big. And I am not a big person, I weigh 114 pounds (yeah, that's right, I can admit my weight). But a size 5 is way too long. Lately, I've been hemming pants because I have no other choice. And I hate hemming pants. I can actually get away with wearing girls jeans, but I work in an office, and you can't find suits in girls' sizes.

Men's pants have a waist and length measurement. Why can't women's pants have the same? Maybe people might actually be able to admit how much they weigh if we didn't try to hide it all the time! (Women's insecurities about their weight and age are another rant of mine...I'll save that for another day) Suddenly someone thought of adding size 0 and 1. Well, that just makes me feel so great about wearing a size 5! Have you tried on any jeans lately? I have, and it made me depressed! Until I realized that it's not me. Clothing companies are evil! (she exclaimed with great relish! I'm sorry, I'm in a funny mood today.)

Well, that's my rant for today. But instead of making me feel better, it just made me angry. Sometimes the way we treat each other in our society really pisses me off. We need to be nicer to each other, and more honest.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Sizes of Women's Clothing · 03-16-05 12:33pm
by poisonivy

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, poisonivy.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1037689