*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1196634
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Women's · #1050507
An exploration into the lost skills and changing attitudes about being a wife.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jan 4, 2006 at 1:57pm
Re: Re: As of this entry...
Lurk away Elisa/Stik-Shaky 2006, and don't you never mind about age being a deterrent to submissions.

Holly Jahangiri and myself are not that far apart in age, and I say that only because I am the eldest between us.

As a matter of fact, this is called the "Womanly Arts" intentionally. This is not just about being a wife, its about attitudes and beliefs, cultural and religious, and everything else that concerns Hearth and Home from the perspective of the female of the species.

Our upbringing and experiences serve to develop all of our perspectives. I consider myself to be the "old school" sort. Holly Jahangiri may agree with me sometimes, but often she comes at it from a different perspective - a more intellectual, sophisicated, and modern perspective.

I don't know what is being taught to young women today about BEING a woman, or where girls today are getting their moral compass from. To me, unfortunately, it seems that there is little, if any, educational opportunities, even at home, to help women understand their value and contribution in the world today.

Schools' aren't teaching morals, and maybe shouldn't given the current goings on.
Churches seem more concerned about other stuff, like collections and contributions.
Our legal system is too quick to criminalize our youth for indiscretions.

So please do not let age factor into your thoughts about being able to contribute, and neither should your martial status be a factor - we're all women first.

Sincerely,
The Critic
MESSAGE THREAD
As of this entry... · 01-04-06 10:53am
by The Critic
Re: As of this entry... · 01-04-06 11:21am
by Holly Jahangiri
Re: As of this entry... · 01-04-06 12:43pm
by Elisa the Bunny Stik
Re: Re: As of this entry... · 01-04-06 1:40pm
by Holly Jahangiri
*Star* Re: Re: As of this entry... · 01-04-06 1:57pm
by The Critic

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The Critic.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1196634