*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1440609
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Medical · #1013752
Share your feelings, frustrations. Teach others about yours, learn about theirs.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jan 23, 2007 at 8:01pm
Re: Re: Re: Does anyone else have a hard time.....
by Wystful
Jean,

Here's another one from me ((((((HUG))))))!!!!! We all know just how you feel sweetie. I look around my house and see things that need doing and then angry at myself because I feel like I've wasted a lot of time doing nothing. It does make you feel useless at times. BUT.....We ARE NOT useless. We can contribute to our family and other people in ways that don't require us doing something physical. A kind word, a shoulder to lean on, really listening to someone, or all the other things that make us caring people. No, we can't get everything done. The spirit is willing but the body says "NO WAY!"

I don't worry about dishes that aren't done in a day or two. I rinse them and lay them in the sink. I don't worry about a little dust on the furniture. I don't worry if the house is spic and span anymore. I do what I can when my rheumatoid arthritis is calm and nothing when it isn't. I refuse to feel guilty about doing nothing on those days when it's bad and try my best not to feel useless. Depression goes hand in hand with chronic illness. Why make it worse by blaming ourselves for something that is out of our control? We simply have to understand and forgive ourselves just as we would if it were someone else we know.

Think about it...Would you ever tell someone you know that they were useless if they had a chronic illness and couldn't get things they wanted to do done? No. I don't think any of us would. Next time you are feeling useless remember that. Take care sweetie and do what you can. To hell with the rest!
MESSAGE THREAD
Does anyone else have a hard time..... · 01-19-07 5:55pm
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Does anyone else have a hard time..... · 01-19-07 9:22pm
by Wystful
Re: Re: Does anyone else have a hard time..... · 01-19-07 10:59pm
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Re: Re: Does anyone else have a hard time..... · 01-20-07 3:19pm
by Incurable Romantic
Re: Re: Re: Re: Does anyone else have a hard time..... · 01-20-07 6:13pm
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Does anyone else have a hard time..... · 01-22-07 6:31pm
by Incurable Romantic
*Star* Re: Re: Re: Does anyone else have a hard time..... · 01-23-07 8:01pm
by Wystful
Does anyone else have a hard time..... EDITED to add... · 01-26-07 11:19am
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Does anyone else have a hard time..... EDITED to add... · 01-27-07 12:28am
by Incurable Romantic

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Incurable Romantic.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1440609