*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1485684
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Comedy · #1218077
Have you read something you'd like to say something horrid about?
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Apr 6, 2007 at 1:25pm
OT: OMG! BTW, TY 4 the 3!
by KimChi
I agree with a lot that has been said. However, I feel I must stick up for the reviewers.

Some people want to hear the reviewer's personal anecdotes. This is a form of opinion, in that they are expressing how something made them feel--it brought up a memory. I don't mind that.

Now we all know I'm not the best reviewer. I actually had no idea that one space was acceptable after a sentence, or that "minimalist" means no punctuation. I haven't seen the inside of a classroom in twenty years. (20?) However, if you write a complete paragraph without any periods, I will mention it. I frequently get confused about whether to use a comma or a semicolon. (I frequently get confused, period.) I do know, however, that the sentence needs something, because I woke up on the floor with a broken hip after reading it aloud.

And (comma) I have seen the BEST reviewers give incorrect information.

The biggest beef I have is the lack of reciprocal reviews. I just spent an hour teaching you that dialogue needs quotation marks, and the difference between their, they're, and there. "Thanks". Um...you're welcome? You could glance at one of my gawd-awful fifteen line poems and throw me a private comment. Just a suggestion. I don't bite.

I ain't no editer, and im not tring 2 be won. But jumpin' Jeremiah legs on a skewer, proof your work. If you continue to make third grade mistakes, I'm forced to conclude that you are in third grade. The other possibility is that you don't actually read books. If you did, you'd learn to capitalize "I", and the basic rules of grammar...by osmosis.

BTW, thanks for the 3 with the solitary comment "Nice". I do so appreciate you taking time to review my work.

Dang, that felt good.

Thanks for the forum, Chriswriter .
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
OT: OMG! BTW, TY 4 the 3! · 04-06-07 1:25pm
by KimChi
Re: OT: OMG! BTW, TY 4 the 3! · 04-06-07 3:52pm
by Chriswriter

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Chriswriter.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1485684