*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1504969
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing · #980111
A sanctuary for weary writers, inky wretches, and aspiring professional novelists.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
May 6, 2007 at 11:24pm
Re: Re: Re: Any HOW-TO's for disorganized writer
by A Non-Existent User
I so agree with Rebecca. I'm no where near as dedicated or organized as she is but you just have to write. Write when you don't feel like it, write out things when you are mad or sad. Just plain write.

My method is a little haphazard. Ok a lot. Usually I plot out characters and then try to think out the plot in notes. It usually only lasts a few days because the story wants to come out. So I write. I write longhand on lined paper and that way I don't notice the errors as much. Then when I have a bunch written I go back and start transcribing it. Sometimes I type it in and others I use a voice program on my computer. Either way that is when I edit a little bit. I fix spelling and puncuation I missed in the longhand form.

I also sometimes don't write the story from beginning to end. I write a scene here because it's what comes to mind and then I write other scenes and add them all together from the beginning to end. Then when I re-read I don't do it as an editing thing as much but where am I missing something that I need to add. Then I make a list and work on those scenes.

It is evident that I'm not a very organized writer since I have not finished anything novel length. I'm blocked on my longest work which is only 82 typed pages, but I'm going to town on something new. I figure when I get bloced on here, I'll pick up the other one and work on that more.

LOL Oh well after all that I'm probably not much help at all. Just keep writing and it will all work itself out. That is what I truly believe.
MESSAGE THREAD
· 12-31-69 7:00pm
by A Guest Visitor
Re: Any HOW-TO's for disorganized writer · 05-05-07 7:33pm
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Re: Any HOW-TO's for disorganized writer · 05-05-07 10:10pm
by Rebecca Laffar-Smith
*Star* Re: Re: Re: Any HOW-TO's for disorganized writer · 05-06-07 11:24pm
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Any HOW-TO's for disorganized writer · 05-06-07 11:38am
by DEKS
Re: Any HOW-TO's for disorganized writer · 05-06-07 11:20pm
by Lori Basiewicz
Re: Any HOW-TO's for disorganized writer · 05-09-07 1:21pm
by Carol McKenzie

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Liam Jackson.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1504969