*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1504992
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing · #980111
A sanctuary for weary writers, inky wretches, and aspiring professional novelists.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
May 7, 2007 at 12:18am
Re: What wouldn't you write?
Well I personally probably won't ever write a slasher thriller. I don't think I have the stomach for that sort of thing and I avoid watching those kinds of movies or reading those kinds of books. I think we tend to write toward what we love to read so I'm not likely to write a book about painting teacups or something equally beyond my general interests. Of course, it's hard to say at this point. Maybe, someday, I'll find teacups intriguing. *Wink* For now I'll write what I'd want to read and let the muse offer up other ideas if she so desires. Of course, the muses are smart women, they're more likely to send slasher/thriller stories to someone who loves reading and watching stories that involve hacking people into tiny peices and hiding them in garbage cans rather than insist I put myself through that. *Smile*

In general though I don't think there is any subject that should be forbidden. I wish the days of book burning were behind us and I'd truly like to live in a world where the freedom of speech and the right to an opinion were embraced. I know, I'm an optimist. *chuckles* But I feel as artists we have a responsibility not to sensor our perceptions, to write it as we see it rather than cater for a political correctness or the average human standard. *ponders* How did this turn into a philosophical discussion? lol

Have fun and keep writing,
Yours truly,
Rebecca Laffar-Smith

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
MESSAGE THREAD
What wouldn't you write? · 05-06-07 11:21pm
by Lori Basiewicz
Re: What wouldn't you write? · 05-06-07 11:29pm
by A Non-Existent User
*Star* Re: What wouldn't you write? · 05-07-07 12:18am
by Rebecca Laffar-Smith
Re: Re: What wouldn't you write? · 05-07-07 12:37am
by Lori Basiewicz
Re: Re: Re: What wouldn't you write? · 05-08-07 7:19pm
by Rebecca Laffar-Smith
Re: Re: Re: Re: What wouldn't you write? · 05-09-07 3:26am
by Marcia Landa
Re: Re: Re: What wouldn't you write? · 04-29-08 1:53pm
by Mara ♣ McBain
Re: What wouldn't you write? · 05-08-07 2:15pm
by 627

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Liam Jackson.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1504992