*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1527738
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing · #980111
A sanctuary for weary writers, inky wretches, and aspiring professional novelists.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jun 13, 2007 at 8:14pm
Edited: June 14, 2007 at 4:50am
Re: Title Trouble
The title is always the last thing I worry about when writing. I've found that by the time I've written "The End" something will have come up that feels 'right'. Sometimes it comes when you're beginning and sometimes nothing feels quite right while you're writing but almost always the right title will come alone during the process. If it hasn't by the time you're ready to submit the book/story/poem then it's time to brainstorm. But, by then you're so familiar with your characters and your story that you have a lot of great ideas and one will usually stand out amongst them.

Give it a working title for now, even if it's something silly like, "My SciFi/Fan Novel" or "Book 1". That gives you something to call it. Odds are the name you give it in the beginning won't be the one they print on the mock ups at the end. Some editors will even want to change the title and some readers/reviewers might pick on it too. Relax, don't marry yourself to the title, and just let the right one find you. Meanwhile, write the book because if it's never finished it doesn't need a title. *Wink*

Have fun and keep writing,
Yours truly,
Rebecca Laffar-Smith

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
MESSAGE THREAD
Title Trouble · 06-13-07 11:00am
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Title Trouble · 06-13-07 1:31pm
by Lori Basiewicz
Re: Title Trouble · 06-13-07 1:45pm
by A Non-Existent User
*Star* Re: Title Trouble · 06-13-07 8:14pm
by Rebecca Laffar-Smith
Re: Title Trouble · 06-14-07 4:36am
by GoddessOfPurgatory

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Liam Jackson.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1527738