Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1533377
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · How-To/Advice · #1280557
Have a question? Just ask Amy . . .
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jun 22, 2007 at 6:40pm
Re: Indirect Response to A Public Question
Brian,
I think this goes way beyond what I at first assumed you were referring to. So I have to admit that I'm struggling with how to reply.

A couple of things stand out for me, if I think about this in a very general way. One of the great things about a community like this is that we have the opportunity to connect with people from all over the world, and people just next door - people that we would have never connected with, otherwise. We all have something in common - a love of writing. But we all come to WDC with our stuff . . . and our stuff affects how we interact with others. It affects how we trust, how much of the truth we're willing to tell, whether we're looking out for number one or working to support others . . . .

I think that we're fairly representative of what a community looks like . . . and every community has its cliques. I’m not saying it’s fair, I’m not saying it’s right . . . it’s just what it is. We all must choose, as you said.

This is nothing that will be news to you, of course. Many people come to online communities to escape. An escape for some would also be an escape from the stressors that they must deal with on a daily basis. If that includes drama, then yes . . . they may choose to simply ignore it when they find it invading their escape space. So we choose how seriously we want to take the things that happen here. It may vary from day to day, from moment to moment, depending upon our mood or what we are presented with.

This world works because we are all different . . . never change who you are, because you’re just who you need to be!

** Image ID #1259681 Unavailable **
My new siggy - thank you Seisa!
Girlfriends made by Terryjroo
** Image ID #1271837 Unavailable **
** Image ID #1273868 Unavailable **
Yummy strawberry
MESSAGE THREAD
Indirect Response to A Public Question · 06-22-07 2:24pm
by Brian K Compton
*Star* Re: Indirect Response to A Public Question · 06-22-07 6:40pm
by Merry Mumsy
Re: Re: Indirect Response to A Public Question · 06-22-07 7:48pm
by Brian K Compton
Re: Re: Re: Indirect Response to A Public Question · 06-22-07 8:03pm
by Merry Mumsy
Re: Indirect Response to A Public Question · 06-22-07 6:53pm
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Re: Indirect Response to A Public Question · 06-22-07 6:58pm
by Merry Mumsy

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Merry Mumsy.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1533377