*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1805439
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing · #1474311
2023 Sign-ups are CLOSED. A month-long novel-planning challenge with prizes galore.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 21, 2008 at 3:59pm
Re: Confuzzled
by justme
To me, it means the political climate of the country or world in which your story takes place. My story begins in 1869 era Ireland, so I've researched some information about the government of that time, the economics of the general public, governmental structure, etc.

If your story is present day US, it would be a democratic form of government; the sitting President is of the republican party and there is a tight race for the office. The upcoming election would be important to note; economy and the stock market could also be mentioned.

If you're writing about a fictional place, then you are making up the government and therefore the political issues facing your characters.

The actual political issues in Ireland at the time have nothing to do with my story, though the history of the governmental strife played a part in the economy of the nation. Even so, writing a little bit about the political structure of the nation could make me think a little more about the circumstances surrouding my characters and will allow me to keep everything in my story within the period setting I've chosen.

That's what it means to me. Hope this helps.

Deborah

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
"Invalid Item
MESSAGE THREAD
Confuzzled · 10-21-08 3:34pm
by Jeremknight
Re: Confuzzled · 10-21-08 3:51pm
by Storm Machine
*Star* Re: Confuzzled · 10-21-08 3:59pm
by justme
Re: Re: Confuzzled · 10-21-08 4:12pm
by Crys-not really here
Re: Re: Confuzzled · 10-22-08 12:29am
by BrandiwynšŸŽ¶

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, BrandiwynšŸŽ¶.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1805439