*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2058240
by Ledan
Rated: E · Message Forum · Reviewing · #1600472
I will review any short story or novel. No deed to pay although I accept donations.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Mar 11, 2010 at 7:51am
This is my first draft and attempt at writing a fictionstory
by londa
Authors not: I don't know how to link the item or put it in bitem form. I tried to figure out the instructions, sorry I just don't understand them. ,thanks for reviewing.

Raven Hensworth and The Curse of Haun

“I dunno.”

“I’m gonna ask you again, and this time I expect an answer!” “Where’d you get it?”

Raven’s mom Elise, had a knack for pressing her hard for answers, whenever she felt Rave was not telling her the truth.

“Mom I wouldn’t lie to you about this; matter-of- factly, can you ever recall me lying to you about anything?

Rave said, starring at her mom with intent, a hurtful look in her eyes but a certain look on her face.

“I know…. you’ve never lied to me before….but…”Elise’ eyes began to water as she fidgeted nervously with her fingers.” I just can’t keep ignoring the on-going occurrences of the dead birds in you room; it’s beginning to bother me". "I’m scared Rave,” “If someone finds out…what would the neighbors think?” “And all of those beautiful creatures just lying there helpless…she gasped, their life…gone.”

“Mom it hurts me to see it too, but I don’t know what’s making it happen! Maybe it’s some sort virus in the air or something, I dunno.”

“A virus Rave? A virus that magnetically draws birds into your room and causes them to die rave?” Elise pulled her 9 year old Raven close to her chest and nestled her gently. “She’s only a child she thought to herself”

"If you ever need anything or just wanna talk about anything, you can always come to mom you know that Rave.” Mom said looking Rave deep into her eyes; I love you.” Shaking her head furiously, Rave agreed. Mom walked towards the door after turning the knob to Rave’s beautiful, purple doll house room,

“Okay well I’m gonna finish cooking up breakfast; you clean up this mess, okay hone.”

“Okay Mom,” Rave agreed in a hurtful tone, as the door shut with a soft click.

Eyebrows furrowed and palms sweaty, she hated lying to her mother, and it was true; she had never lied to her mother before it started, but now things were different. She had to protect her mother, somehow. She thought Collapsing on the floor amongst the dead birds with her head buried in her hands. When is it gonna stop?

Rubbing her hands through her soft, long sandy brown hair; it felt good after mom relaxed it last night. Picking herself up from her soft, Jacquard printed, cream colored rug, she quickly placed the purple latex gloves on her hands and grabbed the dustpan. She scooped the birds up and placed them in the garbage bag carefully. They were all so beautiful: red birds and blue birds, some green and some gold.

“They don’t deserve to die like this!” She thought to herself while chewing on her lower lip. I’m just gonna have to find some way to make it stop.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
This is my first draft and attempt at writing a fictionstory · 03-11-10 7:51am
by londa

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Ledan.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2058240