*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2114522
by Dee
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Educational · #1421315
Let your knowledge spill forth like a fountain or partake in the wisdom of those who do.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jul 24, 2010 at 4:29am
Re: Legal advice: What would happen to this guy?
by Light
Summer:

I'm not a lawyer, so this is a layman's opinion. But, I do know something about the law. Some of the work I have done has involved the law to a point.

This is a complicated situation. Does he have a good reason to have been in Bob's house? A PI wouldn't have has a search warrant.

He shot Bob in the back; that is another problem. If someone breaks into your house, and you shoot him/her, you may not have a problem as long as you did it in self defense, or in defense of another. Shooting someone in the back is not self defense. (He could lie, and say he shot him in his house defending his friend, as long as no one witnessed the shooting)

The only things I see in his favor, is that he was defending someone else, and Bob also shot him. Without lying, the best he could hope for, in my opinion, is justifiable homicide, and get off. The worst would be second degree murder. That would get him locked up for a few years; and he would never work as a PI again.

Light
Science, Science Fiction/Fantasy, Metaphysical
MESSAGE THREAD
Legal advice: What would happen to this guy? · 07-24-10 12:58am
by Summer... who's she again?
*Star* Re: Legal advice: What would happen to this guy? · 07-24-10 4:29am
by Light
Re: Re: Legal advice: What would happen to this guy? · 07-24-10 6:37am
Re: Re: Re: Legal advice: What would happen to this guy? · 07-24-10 7:47am
by Allyson Lindt
Re: Re: Re: Re: Legal advice: What would happen to this guy? · 07-25-10 12:42am
Re: Legal advice: What would happen to this guy? · 07-29-10 9:10pm
by A Non-Existent User

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Dee.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2114522