*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2146813
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(167)
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Other · #101179
All invited, Speak your mind, got a New Story?, Opinion?, Need help?, Like a story?.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 6, 2010 at 12:51pm
One Idea, One Message and the One Mission to Share It...
by A Non-Existent User
Dear fellow Writers of Writing.com,

I’ve always loved and been connected to writing, drawing, and any craft I could get my hands on. In Elementary School, simple narrative assignments turned into elaborate short stories and cartoons I watched on TV became comic spoofs of my own creation. I would also develop my own characters, mostly cartoonish at the time, but as a grew older, the more realistic my works became.

Also as I grew older, I saw how silly these creations were and became AFRAID to share them with the world, in fear of being laughed at and let down. I still have my old works to look back on and smile, but now with a new level (and love) of knowledge I have yet another idea. This time, fearlessly, I want the world to see it.

For 3 years, in the shadows of my mind, a fictional story has been developing. It has changed so much from when I first thought about it (the characters, the plot, the settings) and it has done so because I am constantly tailoring it to fit my personal experiences and aspirations. I realize now that the more realistic to MY life that it becomes, the better experience it gives for the reader, YOU :) ) but here is my problem....

I am a full-time college student with two jobs and a social life. I have hardly written anything down. It’s all just been bouncing around in my head. I have joined this site to help share my ideas and hopefully get a start.

Also, my story is set completely in an historical context and research must come before writing. For the past year, I have been engaged in studying the history and culture of the areas that are involved. For most places, a google search and a visit to the library isn’t very helpful to what I need to know before I write and by joining Writing.com, I hope I can get some ideas on how to better my research.

If you have any ideas or suggestions please let me know.
Hope to hear from you soon!

-SarahG
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
One Idea, One Message and the One Mission to Share It... · 10-06-10 12:51pm
by A Non-Existent User
Re: One Idea, One Message and the One Mission to Share It... · 10-31-10 6:12pm
by PatrickB
Re: Re: One Idea, One Message and the One Mission to Share.. · 11-02-10 8:22pm
by A Non-Existent User
Re: One Idea, One Message and the One Mission to Share It... · 11-02-10 8:27pm
by A Non-Existent User

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The Milkman.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2146813