*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2158922
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(167)
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Other · #101179
All invited, Speak your mind, got a New Story?, Opinion?, Need help?, Like a story?.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Nov 2, 2010 at 8:22pm
Re: Re: One Idea, One Message and the One Mission to Share..
by A Non-Existent User
Patrick,

Wow, you know, I’ve always had this feeling that my story was much bigger than me. I know it sends a message that I don’t fully understand yet and trying to figure out it’s holes is nearly impossible. You actually point out something that I have failed to do which is to be ok not knowing everything. A lot of people my age like to think they know everything and just walk and talk all day long instead of learning to dance, running around the block, and valuing there pasts: being thankful for everything that’s happened to them, good or bad. (Which is a theme in my story by the way.)

Since I posted this, I found my journal to be the savior of my sanity. Yes, the thoughts of my story do get in the way of my day and I have to write them down in order to focus on my responsibilities. Here is the difference, though, and my reason why: When I write out what I’m thinking, I know not to take it for granted because thoughts change and therefore so do my ideas. This causes my story to change as well.

Also since I have posted this, I have decided to write my story as a screenplay because I realize that I don’t want to have the life of a career writer. I would rather sell my story to a producer and get on with pursuing my dream job: teaching. Writing is vital to me but I am pretty sure I don’t want to make it into a career. I have always wanted to be a teacher. I have been teaching Sunday school for 2 years and have taken many teaching courses. I’m not sure what I want to teach exactly, but I know I will figure that out with time. Writing is just something that is always there, regardless of what I pursue as a career.

Thank you so much for your advice! I will post parts of my story soon for you and everyone to see.

Sincerely,
Sarah
MESSAGE THREAD
One Idea, One Message and the One Mission to Share It... · 10-06-10 12:51pm
by A Non-Existent User
Re: One Idea, One Message and the One Mission to Share It... · 10-31-10 6:12pm
by PatrickB
*Star* Re: Re: One Idea, One Message and the One Mission to Share.. · 11-02-10 8:22pm
by A Non-Existent User
Re: One Idea, One Message and the One Mission to Share It... · 11-02-10 8:27pm
by A Non-Existent User

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The Milkman.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2158922