*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2155141
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Parenting · #1659345
This is a group for moms of all ages to share their stories and learn from each-other.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 25, 2010 at 11:51am
I wish it could stay this way.
*Dollar* 25 GPs were sent to "Invalid Item with this post.
Sugar, Spice all that is nice. Warm and Squishy cookies are the Little's delight. Little girl smiles, Little boy smiles. They chomp and chew the whole cookie through. Little girl says to Little boy, ¨I wish it could stay this way, don't you?" "Yes, I do." says Little boy as he smiles back at her.

Mama Big takes them by the hand and leads them up the path and then through a big grassy land. "Stop and look, look there through the trees. Do you see what I see?" asks Mama Big to her Little's. Little girl stops to look. Little boy stops to look. They search through shining little eyes, eager to find the new adventure that Mama Big has in mind.

"A bridge, I see a bridge!" shouts Little boy with delight. "I hear a splash from a stream!" sounds Little girl, as a familiar gleam glints through her warm brown eyes. Over the big grassy land they chase, fast their little feet they race! To the bridge and stream they go. To a new adventure untold.

The sun is hot, but the shade is cool. Little toes dip into a chilly, rocky pool.
Splish, Splash, Roll, Flow fast then slow ever moving the stream goes. "Oh, how I wish it could stay this way!" Little girl calls to the great green trees who hug the banks and watch the stream play. Little boy keeps looking, but then he has to know, "where does this stream hurry so fast to go?" They all join hands and step around the bend.
The sun trickles through the leaves, sparkles and tickles the stream where it lands. The rocks are smooth and round, when Little boy throws one, it makes a Sploosh Kerplunk sound! "Did you see that?" shouts Little boy, full of joy. Mama Big smiles and nods, she looks at one happy Little girl and one happy Little boy and says, "I wish it could stay this way."

Yellow, Gold, Black lines unfold wings of a butterfly fluttering by. Across the stream, up the bank, to the other side, and out into the light of the big grassy land. Up the muddy bank go Little girl and Little boy. They slip and slide, giggle and glide. At last they peek out from among the trees into the big bright grassy land. Arms reach high, fingers touch the sky, following butterfly wings fluttering on a breeze of laughter.

Mama Big leads them home at the end of the day. Little girl stops to pick flowers, Little boy stops to taste juicy sweet summer berries along the path on their way. In the distance they could hear the wind in the trees along the banks of the stream, as it seemed to say, "It will always stay this way."
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
I wish it could stay this way. · 10-25-10 11:51am
by mother's stories
Re: I wish it could stay this way. · 10-26-10 4:17pm
by Winn Storm

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Wordgoddess back from the dead.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2155141