*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2167815
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Community · #1717439
Social forum to offer support and information to at-risk youth & peers seeking information
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Nov 29, 2010 at 10:10am
Re: Re: Re: I can relate...

Thank you ... for sharing your story and bringing several very important points to mind. You made a point that really hit home with me in your comment about "just how difficult it is to "look at the bright side" when one is contemplating suicide". About a year ago, I had a medication change to what my doctor said was a stronger anti-depressant. I take them for anxiety issues and after a while they lose their effectiveness. Anyway, the drug that she prescribed actually did the opposite. I took it for about three weeks before it was painfully obvious it was having the opposite effect on me. I didn't want to leave my bed and basically cried constantly. I can remember laying in bed, crying and just not caring about anything. I didn't know why it was happening but the thoughts that I had were something I never want to experience again. When ending the pain started to 'make sense' ... I got scared and opened up to my husband and took a week off vacation from work to get the drugs out of my system. It was a very scary experience and one I'll never forget.

I appreciate your openness and willingness to share your experience. It shows people that things do "get better" and there are other options. *Heart*

Signature from Kiya's shop! Thanks Kiya!
MESSAGE THREAD
I can relate... · 11-26-10 3:54pm
by Indelible Ink
Re: I can relate... · 11-26-10 9:34pm
by Brooklyn
Re: Re: I can relate... · 11-27-10 7:59am
by Indelible Ink
*Star* Re: Re: Re: I can relate... · 11-29-10 10:10am
by Brooklyn

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Brooklyn.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2167815