SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2206572
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Contest · #1282001
Monthly contest for my group - Absolute Horror
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Mar 1, 2011 at 1:05pm
Just a Thought or Two...
Just wanted to point out that there are other options while Stephen is gone; there are a number of contests where dark/horror is the main course. There are also other contests where these stories would be acceptable entries.

Plus, I guess I don't get the sense of urgency - what, these contest entries have expiration dates or something? Sure, you spend time writing something for a specific contest, you want it judged by the person it was originally intended for. I get it. Stephen will be back at some point, and he will judge them, I'm guessing - barring a personality transplant or something similar - just the same when he comes back as he would have had he judged them a month ago, or whenever they were supposed to be judged.

There seems to be more interest now in the contest than there was when he was here. And, the prizes were nice, but not life-altering.

If the great sense of loss that seems to be surrounding this contest is legitimate, then maybe someone who feels that way should run their own contest temporarily until Stephen returns with their own prizes, etc. Then Stephen can pick up just where he left off, without trying to sort through the peripheral "stuff" that seems to be so prevalent at the moment...

For whatever it's worth...

Indelibleink Laughing Guy

Some people describe writer's block as a form of word constipation. If that's the case, perhaps the pain can be alleviated with a simple vowel movement. Indelibleink, 2-18-11

Hey! Yes, YOU! Check out recent creations:

STATIC
Off the Beaten Path  (18+)
Walt seemed like a great guy. Yet, something about him made Valerie very uneasy...
#1752252 by Indelible Ink

STATIC
Halley's Comet  (13+)
I only wanted to impress the hot girl who sat next to me...Moment in Time Contest Feb'11
#1750975 by Indelible Ink
Hansel & Gretel: How it Really Went Down  (13+)
Hey! They were called "Grimm Fairy Tales" for a reason! Happily Ever After Contest Feb '11
#1750503 by Indelible Ink
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#1748929 by Not Available.
 The Little Merderer  (13+)
It's not that Little Mermaid didn't understand sea witch's terms. Quite the contrary...
#1748750 by Indelible Ink
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#1748620 by Not Available.

Signature created by our dear talented friend, Kelly1202

Thanks to Just an Ordinary Boo!

** Image ID #1694506 Unavailable **

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Just a Thought or Two... · 03-01-11 1:05pm
by Indelible Ink

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Pennywise.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2206572