SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2217019
Rated: E · Message Forum · Inspirational · #1127078
A place to mingle and meet friends.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Mar 24, 2011 at 3:14pm
Re: Dilemma critiquing "LDS fiction"
I would comment on both areas separately.

Review the novel as is. Give critical feedback on style, plot, etc. Be as thorough as possible, while encouraging at the same time so he doesn't grow bitter about any of your comments and decided to ignore you on the doctrine aspect.

Then include notes on the spiritual aspect. I'd send the comments privately, but include the comments in your notes so that if the topic does come up during the discussion you have them on hand. I'd also try to find some articles and quotes from true LDS sources to back you up just in case. I'd be sure to point out that it's fine if classified as "spiritual/religious fiction", but as is does not fall under "LDS fiction" and will most likely not be picked up by any LDS publishers/retailers as is.

Â¸.•*'¨)   Â¸.•*)                      Â¸.•*¨*•.   
(¸.•' Sarah Rae*¸.•*'¨•..•'

Rate Yourself!  [E]
How would you rate yourself as an author based on the Writing.Com system?
by Sarah Rae

For My Novels:
Merit Badge in Fantasy
[Click For More Info]

For your wonderful FairyTale book. Keep on writing Sarah! You are truely talented.

Kit Merit Badge in Writing
[Click For More Info]

You are being sent a SMILE through  [Link To Item #708746]  as requested by  [Link To User terryjroo]  who stated said the following about your work: "I have just finished her novel and it is wonderful." Merit Badge in Novels
[Click For More Info]

You are a wonderful novelist! Each novel that I have read of yours is wonderful, interesting, and entertaining. These works are worth being published! Thank you so much for all the good reads you have given me!
MESSAGE THREAD
Dilemma critiquing "LDS fiction" · 03-24-11 12:16pm
by Feywriter
Re: Dilemma critiquing "LDS fiction" · 03-24-11 2:01pm
by Duchess Laughing Lemurs
*Star* Re: Dilemma critiquing "LDS fiction" · 03-24-11 3:14pm
by Sarah Rae
Re: Dilemma critiquing "LDS fiction" · 03-24-11 3:23pm
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Dilemma critiquing "LDS fiction" · 03-24-11 5:00pm
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Re: Dilemma critiquing "LDS fiction" · 03-24-11 6:14pm
by Feywriter

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Aerix~ The Storm Dragon.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2217019