*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2234510
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(167)
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Other · #101179
All invited, Speak your mind, got a New Story?, Opinion?, Need help?, Like a story?.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
May 7, 2011 at 1:28am
Hot crossed buns and red wine for all sitting at the table.
by A Non-Existent User

If you get the drift of topic, what better place to share a little allegory and symbolism than within the comfort of a seaside picture-book café. I imagine the fire is set, and as the sun bids adieu this autumn day, the light of spoken words come mirrored in the timely flashes of light from the keeper upon the hill.
Gazing out the window, looking back to a time long ago, even before the written word, when man sat similarly close to nature, he can be seen sharing in the first fruits of wonder as he gazed upon the star-lit heavens. Thus, I set the picture of converse here; to share a language evolved from man's first awareness beyond his immediate needs. To be sure, I am not a good writer! However, I do have an imagination that enables me to see mindfully, the evolution of man's early thoughts in respect to the forces of nature. From mime, dance, and oral verse, then into the picture words related to the elements and creations in nature, man would pass down through the ages his understandings and relationship to the higher power(s) that apparently punished or made good his life; for to this man there was cause and effect, and the unknown cause was a power greater than himself.

Ok let us now jump ahead some millennia to the first written translation of the oral understandings of man's relationship to the higher power of cause and effect. The higher power being God, and the written translation being the bible. Allegory and symbolism within oral, mime and dance has continued into the written word. Applying these symbolisms, creates a radically very different understanding to the literal interpretation, and indeed destroys the foundation of literal belief held by contemporary theologians. Therefore, this is my endeavour, of which I hope to find collaboration from anyone interested from an academic perspective; to fully interpret the entire scriptures based on the allegories and symbolisms that create a genre fully superimposed upon literal understanding.

Anyone there still?

Scribellion
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Hot crossed buns and red wine for all sitting at the table. · 05-07-11 1:28am
by A Non-Existent User

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The Milkman.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2234510