*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2406595
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(103)
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Contest · #994771
Do you have 15 minutes? Come in and join this contest!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jun 19, 2012 at 1:39am
June 18 - Legs
Spring in the mountain village had mellowed slower than normal but the signs of summer reflected in the weather. Wyck loved the warm weather and at the end of his schooling, got to spend more time outside with his friends. Lying on the grass outside the community garden, he enjoyed the time spent with Sage while little June, Sage's 5 year old sister crawled through the bushes near them.

"Hi, hi." June appeared next to him and patted his stomach, covering it with a mound of dirt. She brushed her hands together before scurrying away again.

"Gee, thanks Juney." Wyck didn't want to stand to get his shirt clean so he settled for using his hand to brush off his stomach but stopped the moment his hand went through the mound of dirt. He expected the clumps but not large ones. Putting his fingers into a clump, he pulled it up to see what she had put on him. Amongst the dirt and grass blades between his fingers wiggled the strangest looking worms he'd ever seen. They had a copper color and many little legs that all moved at once. The sensation of the legs against his hand startled him. Jumping up he tossed the clump as far away from him as he could, not able to keep from shrieking. "Eww."

"What?" Sage stared at him, then went to investigate what had fallen to the ground. He picked one up and held it out. "It's just a little umm bug. June, do you remember what this one is called."

"Millapayde." She said before returning her attention to another find.

"I'd say you shriek like a girl but this girl didn't even whimper at the bug so.." Sage smiled, taking the bug and getting even closer, waving it close to Wyck.

"It's gross." He started to back away but when he kept being followed with the little threat, he changed his tactic. Grabbing Sage's arm, he pulled him off balance and soon found himself in the mud. They rolled around a few moments, until he couldn't fight back anymore. His back to the ground, Wyck didn't protest when Sage leaned down. The moment didn't last long. Wyck pushed to a sitting position only to stop part way. His friend, Logan stood at the edge of the garden compound, staring at them. Before he could say anything, Logan stormed off.

Pushing away, Wyck followed, managing to grab his arm soon enough. "Logan."

"Don't even talk to me. I knew that boy was trouble but no one believed me." Logan stopped but he didn't look at Wyck.

"He's not bad. I just, we... it's hard to explain."

"I don't care, but stay away from me and from Ginger."

Wyck couldn't believe his friend. He tried to explain but the words failed him in the moment he needed something to say. Instead, he watched Logan walk away.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
June 18 - Legs · 06-19-12 1:39am
by Dawn Embers

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Legerdemain.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2406595