*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2451679
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Other · #1856633
A place to get together and chat about mental illness or about whatever is on your mind.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 21, 2012 at 1:36am
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Something You Didn't Know About Me
I take quite a few meds. After years and years of struggling to find the right combination of meds to help with my seizures, I finally found it. It worked better than any other. The insurance covered most of it. At that time, my medications were only costing me, out of pocket, around 300 - 400 dollars a month. Well, the miracle drug had a generic come out; however, this generic was not like most generic drugs. It wasn't as effective as the original drug and had many more side effects. I was in such a sensitive position that I could not risk taking those drugs. So I stayed on the original med. The thing is, my insurance would no longer cover the original med because there was a generic out. The insurance wanted me to take the generic. It was not good.

I was able to work and most of my paycheck went to pay the meds. After a few years, I was in a stable situation and was able to take the risk with the generic. It is what I take to this day. There were problems when I switched; and I had many seizures and still do on occasion. I had to increase the medicine significantly, I take over the highest recommended dose and have many more side effects than with the original. But I am glad that it does work and that I know longer have to pay as much.

click here
*Down**Down**Down**Down*

Heads 7 used link

click here
*Down**Down**Down**Down*

MESSAGE THREAD
Something You Didn't Know About Me · 10-17-12 5:30pm
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Something You Didn't Know About Me · 10-19-12 11:17am
by Itchy Water~fictionandverse
Re: Re: Something You Didn't Know About Me · 10-19-12 4:23pm
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Re: Re: Something You Didn't Know About Me · 10-19-12 9:14pm
Re: Re: Re: Re: Something You Didn't Know About Me · 10-19-12 9:52pm
by A Non-Existent User
*Star* Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Something You Didn't Know About Me · 10-21-12 1:36am
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Something You Didn't Know About Me · 10-21-12 12:23pm
by A Non-Existent User

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Itchy Water~fictionandverse.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2451679